This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you replace Corrin with this Fire Emblem character? Day 79: Veronica

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Would you replace Corrin with this Fire Emblem character? Day 79: Veronica

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
1 month ago#1
A young princess of the Emblian Empire. She aims to destroy the Askran Kingdom by manipulating heroes from other worlds. - Results (20 votes)
Yes, replace Corrin with Veronica.
65% (13 votes)
No, keep Corrin.
35% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Veronica

Every day, using a complex algorithm of my own creation, I will randomly generate a Fire Emblem character. GameFAQs will vote and see if said Fire Emblem character would replace Corrin.
-----------------------------
Yesterday, Severa from Awakening beat Corrin by five points in a heated battle. Reasons cited for her placement over Corrin included:

"Yes. What did you expect?"

"She's an annoying tsundere b**** but I like annoying tsunderes."

"I would gladly replace corrin for best girl"

Today we are voting for Veronica, an Emblian Princess from Heroes.

I voted yes.
Results (Last 20 Days)
Archived Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GX8oXL6Fhc-cxCC7xaNV-hpdaQP5kXPnIw9DpPtENE4/edit?usp=sharing

Day 59: Randal (Win, 10 - 8) " He looks like... I don't know, an avocado guy. Still better than an Arceus wannabe deer. "
Day 60: Largo (Win, 11 - 4) "Largo wasn't playable in Radiant Dawn so he should be in Smash to balance things out."
Day 61: Riev (Lose, 6 - 7) "Corrin's probably better than bootleg Gharnef."
Day 62: Erk (Win, 14 - 3) "Holy crap yes. I love Erk. I love all FE7 mages actually, but Serra carries this guy's personality."
Day 63: Rhys (Win, 12 - 5) "Tellius character. Yep. Having a staff and light magic user would be pretty cool."
Day 64: Gerik (Win, 8 - 5) " Gerik is a respectable leader with a great personality.
Day 65: Chouten Sawafuji (Lose, 1 - 12) " TMS is still worse than Corrin by a slight degree, let's keep Corrin for just this once. "
Day 66: Kyle (Win, 10 - 4) "He may not be Forde but that doesn't make him bad. He's still a cavalier, and not an awful unit."
Day 67: Castor (Lose, 5 - 8) "This guy's design... UGH."
Day 68: Florina (Win, 16 - 3) " Florina's always been my favourite Pegasus Knight, probably cause she was my first."
Day 69: Lyon (Win, 20 - 1) " Easily one of the best antagonists in the series."
Day 70: Rebecca (Win, 12 - 2) " Not only is she a cutie but as stated already she IS the best Archer in Blazing Blade."
Day 71: Seliph (Win, 14 - 5) "Son of best lord."
Day 72: Python (Win, 8 - 6) "Sure, Python's a pretty cool guy"
Day 73: Maiko Shimazaki (Win, 8 - 6) "She's definitely got the sexy teacher look down...even if she isn't exactly a teacher."
Day 74: Hans (Lose, 4 - 13) "Huh, I thought people would be voting yes to a guy that tried to kill Corrin."
Day 75: Rutger (Win, 11 - 4) " Critger was one of the best units in my playthrough of Binding."
Dya 76: Klein (Win, 13 - 3) "Klein has a cooler attitude, a cooler voice, and a cooler design than Corrin."
Day 77: Heath (Win, 10 - 1) " Heath is one of the most underrated FE characters IMO."
Day 78: Severa (Win, 13 - 8)
3DS: 3394-4061-9856 / NNID: SirRobX
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jeqNzMfUx3J5a

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
1 month ago#2
She's the villain of an excuse plot even more embarrassing and half baked than Fates. It's even cringy.
I'm voting no. Do or don't but don't try

"But it's a mobile game"... no, that's not a good excuse.
Mario/Yoshi main in Smash 4 -But first, we need to talk about parallel universes
Official Scathach of the Fate/GrandOrder board~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg

User Info: brawl__08

brawl__08
1 month ago#3
NE_OC posted...
She's the villain of an excuse plot even more embarrassing and half baked than Fates. It's even cringy.

Heroes has a better plot than Fates and Echoes though.

That's not praise for it as much as it's insulting two mainline FE games but still.
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif

NE_OC
1 month ago#4
brawl__08 posted...
NE_OC posted...

That's not praise for it as much as it's insulting two mainline FE games but still.
It doesn't matter a lot if the story can't hook you. To me, Heroes utterly failed at being interesting at the start, while Fates at least has a decent start. The only novelty Heroes has is the crossover aspect, but fails to capitalize on it so hard that left me disappointed and quitting after a few chapters after the game itself bored me. (I like Fire Emblem but it burns me out very quickly, no pun intended)

Haven't played Echoes.
Mario/Yoshi main in Smash 4 -But first, we need to talk about parallel universes

User Info: brawl__08

brawl__08
1 month ago#5
NE_OC posted...
It doesn't matter a lot if the story can't hook you. To me, Heroes utterly failed at being interesting at the start, while Fates at least has a decent start. The only novelty Heroes has is the crossover aspect, but fails to capitalize on it so hard that left me disappointed and quitting after a few chapters after the game itself bored me. (I like Fire Emblem but it burns me out very quickly, no pun intended)

Haven't played Echoes.

Eh

I honestly find the whole story with Zacharias and Veronica to be more enticing than Garon's boring ass and I'm actually left wondering where it's going to go. Alfonse is also a billion times better than Corrin. It's not a thrilling plot or anything but I can't really say the start of Fates meant anything because of how painfully generic it all becomes.

Plus even if they're not tied into the plot there's a good feeling in being able to bring in all sorts of characters from different games and having them tackle others. It becomes more head canon at that point but I'd still take that over what the last two games tried doing.
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif

NE_OC
1 month ago#6
brawl__08 posted...
NE_OC posted...

Haven't played Echoes.
Eh

I honestly find the whole story with Zacharias and Veronica to be more enticing than Garon's boring ass and I'm actually left wondering where it's going to go. Alfonse is also a billion times better than Corrin. It's not a thrilling plot or anything but I can't really say the start of Fates meant anything because of how painfully generic it all becomes.

Plus even if they're not tied into the plot there's a good feeling in being able to bring in all sorts of characters from different games and having them tackle others. It becomes more head canon at that point but I'd still take that over what the last two games tried doing.
We'll have to agree to disagree.
A strong start is very important to me (which is why this is the part that scares me the most when designing my own game). There's only so much I'm willing to get bored before either the gameplay or the plot can catch my attention for good, get me invested and drive me to finish the rest of the game. It's hard to believe in a "it gets better" kind of promise when the game showed no signs of getting better. Don't get me wrong, I gave it a fair chance (a week at least, if you want to judge me on that) but it just failed to keep me playing. Also, Anna and Shareena were... simply terrible. I didn't like them in the slightiest. Dare I say I liked them less than Corrin. Alphonse was alright though.

Even if Fates "gets worse" (and oh boy it does) the starting interest I had on the game pushed me to the end. I couldn't just leave it there (at least not after paying 56 dollars just to get Conquest lol. Games in my country are expensive)
Also helps that the gameplay was more complex. Heroes' miniature maps and movement range made the game feel like a crawl.

Either way, I hope we can at least agree that Fire Emblem's writing is going on a downward spiral, yes?

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
1 month ago#7
Damn I came to late for the Severa poll, also:

https://imgur.com/Kw0xuam.jpg
'Cause I'm a primadonna girl, yeah
All I ever wanted was the world

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
1 month ago#8
As for Veronica uh no.
'Cause I'm a primadonna girl, yeah
All I ever wanted was the world

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
1 month ago#9
CherryTsundere posted...
Damn I came to late for the Severa poll
i missed you
3DS: 3394-4061-9856 / NNID: SirRobX
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jeqNzMfUx3J5a

User Info: ChingTheMonkey

ChingTheMonkey
1 month ago#10
brawl__08 posted...
NE_OC posted...

I disagree. Fates at least had all the support conversations building up some of my favourite characters, FEH so far has had nothing to hook me in at all in terms of story. I love the game, but the story is not one of the reasons for that. As for Echoes, I seriously don't get what people's problem with that is. It was freaking amazing to me.

Oh yeah, voted no for Veronica. Don't really like any of the Heroes characters apart from Anna. And even then that's more just her being Anna than anything else.
"I am the wind. And the wind... you can't kill." - Mifune (Way of the Samurai 2)
The Official EMIYA of the Fate/Grand Order Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Would you replace Corrin with this Fire Emblem character? Day 79: Veronica

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived