This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you dislike Dr. Mario?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Why do you dislike Dr. Mario?

User Info: Pharaoh

Pharaoh
1 month ago#1
In this game? - Results (121 votes)
Because he's a clone
11.57% (14 votes)
Because he's "Mario in a labcoat"
17.36% (21 votes)
Because he sucks/is low tier
10.74% (13 votes)
Because I'd rather have (*insert character here*) as a clone/semi-clone
3.31% (4 votes)
Dr. Mario doesn't bother me
57.02% (69 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally like Dr. Mario, he's been my main since 2014 and if any Nintendo character deserves to have two of themselves its Mario for sure. Though some people feel differently, so what issues do you have with him that bother you?
Doesn't matter if you are atheist or not, if you call to Jesus with a humble mind He will answer you.

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
1 month ago#2
mostly i just don't find him fun to use at all, and a lot of why i don't think he's fun tie into why he's terrible, so that i guess
Born to lose, live to win!
Certified bandicoot enthusiast.

User Info: Pharaoh

Pharaoh
1 month ago#3
Ranticoot posted...
mostly i just don't find him fun to use at all, and a lot of why i don't think he's fun tie into why he's terrible, so that i guess

It's a playstyle that I feel takes some getting used to, but once you do he can be a fun beastly character to mess around with.
Doesn't matter if you are atheist or not, if you call to Jesus with a humble mind He will answer you.

User Info: ChingTheMonkey

ChingTheMonkey
1 month ago#4
A combination of the first two
"I am the wind. And the wind... you can't kill." - Mifune (Way of the Samurai 2)
The Official EMIYA of the Fate/Grand Order Boards

User Info: Thunder_Armor

Thunder_Armor
1 month ago#5
I like him
"It was mating season! How could I have known she was your sister?"

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
1 month ago#6
I just don't like the idea of multiple character slots belonging to the same exact person. Same problem I have with Mario Kart.

User Info: M_Jackson007

M_Jackson007
1 month ago#7
I was okay with Doc back in Melee, now I can't get his rhythm down right anymore.
Why do people waste so much time talking about things they don't like? They should just talk with like minded people about things they really enjoy!

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#8
All of the above.,

But mostly just because he's a lazy, pointless clone (literally the same person in a suit) who is downright inferior to the original, and had zero reason to return after being cut the first time, ESPECIALLY with customs.

Lucina may suck, but at least she has a unique face and voice.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: MkayRose1

MkayRose1
1 month ago#9
I really rather have him as an alt costume for Mario and it's all the more worse since he's been nerfed while Mario been buffed to the core which makes him even more pointless in my eyes.
http://i.imgur.com/TnyjZqS.jpg
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/MkayRose.gif

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
1 month ago#10
Out of all of the clones, he by far makes the least sense to me. Yes, even less then the likes of Ganondorf (whose reasoning of being the last addition, his model being the Spaceworld demo model, and having Captain Falcon's bodytype is at least reasoning of some kind).

All of the other clones are at least different people (maybe not Young Link, but even he's different enough from regular Link to make some kind of sense). Dr. Mario isn't. I still can't figure out how anyone on the Melee team decided that his inclusion was logical.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Why do you dislike Dr. Mario?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived