This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In this topic we list former 'patterns' or 'fake leaks' that proved to be false

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. In this topic we list former 'patterns' or 'fake leaks' that proved to be false

User Info: Pharaoh

Pharaoh
4 weeks ago#1
Ex: Three Trouble Kings
One of the patterns in the Smash series was actually about the first event match. In Melee "Trouble King" was the very first Event match where you would fight King Koopa (Bowser) while playing as Mario.
In Brawl "Two Trouble Kings" was the first Event match where you fought both Bowser and King Dedede as Mario.

Many of us predicted that "Three Trouble Kings" would be the first Event match of Smash 4, and that King K. Rool would be the 3rd king; because of his popularity and being the only other notable "king" of Nintendo villians... Of course that didn't happen and alas it turned out to be a false pattern that didn't continue sadly...
Doesn't matter if you are atheist or not, if you call to Jesus with a humble mind He will answer you.

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
4 weeks ago#2
I like the Chunky Kong assist trophy leak, that had people frantically trying to spot him at E3 demos. And then the guy who made the leak came out and revealed he made it up to screw with anyone making fake leaks. If it had Chunky, he knew it was fake.

Or the great Monado Monday:
A new character trailer was announced that would be streamed about a week after announcement. Said trailer announcement was retweeted by Monolith Soft. The famous Gematsu leak had Shulk playable. People thought that retweet meant Shulk would be announced. Then the guy who brought us the Gematsu leak said "Enjoy your Shulk".

Said trailer hit, and no Shulk in sight. Said leak had Chrom playable, too. Guess who was announced not playable in the trailer?

Speaking of Chrom: Ike will be cut and replaced with Chrom. That follows the pattern of "Marth + Newest Lord", based on the pattern of Roy not being in Brawl. As everyone knows, one occurrence is a pattern.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
4 weeks ago#3
Palutena was a good one, there was even a BitF about it.
*horrible bird imitations*

User Info: ThatAnvil

ThatAnvil
4 weeks ago#4
Before Ryu: We could only get one third party character per company!

Before Cloud: Third party characters must have strong ties to Nintendo or they'll never get in!
"Who uses smh to mean shaking my head?" - Garglemon
A dragon never yields.

Pharaoh
4 weeks ago#5
Oil_Panic posted...
I like the Chunky Kong assist trophy leak, that had people frantically trying to spot him at E3 demos. And then the guy who made the leak came out and revealed he made it up to screw with anyone making fake leaks. If it had Chunky, he knew it was fake.

I remember him saying that he might've gotten it on camera and that he would review his footage the next day since he was apparently tired that night. He explained it with such detail about how bananas came down and people around him were laughing, and supposedly he was a reliable source on smashboards...yeah. I unfortunately believed him with false hope, mostly because I wanted it to be true, and we all know how that turned out...

Or the great Monado Monday:
A new character trailer was announced that would be streamed about a week after announcement. Said trailer announcement was retweeted by Monolith Soft. The famous Gematsu leak had Shulk playable. People thought that retweet meant Shulk would be announced. Then the guy who brought us the Gematsu leak said "Enjoy your Shulk".

Said trailer hit, and no Shulk in sight. Said leak had Chrom playable, too. Guess who was announced not playable in the trailer?

The day of that reveal trailer had the smash community exploding in disbelief. I was so relieved when those predictions were false (even though I kinda wanted Chrom playable). What a real game-changer that was!

Speaking of Chrom: Ike will be cut and replaced with Chrom. That follows the pattern of "Marth + Newest Lord", based on the pattern of Roy not being in Brawl. As everyone knows, one occurrence is a pattern.

Yep people were so sure Chrom would be the new Fire Emblem rep but we pretty much got everyone but Chrom, haha.
Doesn't matter if you are atheist or not, if you call to Jesus with a humble mind He will answer you.

Pharaoh
4 weeks ago#6
SmashingBros posted...

Well that was a fake leak that turned out to be true. You mean the 3DS pic right?

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
4 weeks ago#7
Pharaoh posted...
SmashingBros posted...

Well that was a fake leak that turned out to be true. You mean the 3DS pic right?

I remember that. Leak model was different from the actual model in the game. Not often a leak gets revealed to be fake by the character in the leak being playable.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
4 weeks ago#8
Gematsu.
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

User Info: hansolomio

hansolomio
4 weeks ago#9
Oil_Panic posted...
Pharaoh posted...
SmashingBros posted...

I remember that. Leak model was different from the actual model in the game. Not often a leak gets revealed to be fake by the character in the leak being playable.

SmashingBros and Oil_Panic are correct about the leak being fake. It was incredibly well done though.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/list_of_rumors

Pharaoh
4 weeks ago#10
hansolomio posted...
Oil_Panic posted...
Pharaoh posted...
SmashingBros posted...

SmashingBros and Oil_Panic are correct about the leak being fake. It was incredibly well done though.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/list_of_rumors

Oh my gosh there's seriously a wiki page dedicated to the numerous fake leaks? Wow.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. In this topic we list former 'patterns' or 'fake leaks' that proved to be false

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived