This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wouldn't replace Corrin

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. I wouldn't replace Corrin

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
3 weeks ago#11
I'm of the mindset of "getting rid of anybody for no reason whatsoever is dumb" (I wouldn't even remove my actual most disliked character, Dr. Mario, if nothing was added in return)

However, the developers had the method of "priority lists" when making this game, where the characters at the bottom of the list were the first ones to get the axe when time constraints reared their ugly head. I wouldn't be that surprised if Corrin found himself near the bottom of the list next time.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: judgementaeon

judgementaeon
3 weeks ago#12
Oil_Panic posted...
I'm of the mindset of "getting rid of anybody for no reason whatsoever is dumb" (I wouldn't even remove my actual most disliked character, Dr. Mario, if nothing was added in return)

However, the developers had the method of "priority lists" when making this game, where the characters at the bottom of the list were the first ones to get the axe when time constraints reared their ugly head. I wouldn't be that surprised if Corrin found himself near the bottom of the list next time.

I can say I'd agree here, at least. Though there's no characters I truly dislike to begin with.
The impossible is possible! All you gotta do is make it so!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: M_Jackson007

M_Jackson007
3 weeks ago#13
Here's a parallel I never saw anyone else make. Robin is in the game as the main Awakening rep (Or maybe that's Lucina, I'm fine with that either way), and Corrin made it in as the main rep of Fates. I wouldn't be surprised if another Fates character made it into the next Smash, either readily available, or DLC.

That being said, I do find Corrin's moveset fun.

As far as I see, Corrin follows the same archetype Robin did, with the mellowed out male, and racy female. See my point above.

And with the success of Awakening, it's no far stretch Nintendo would want to push it's follow up just as much.
Why do people waste so much time talking about things they don't like? They should just talk with like minded people about things they really enjoy!

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
3 weeks ago#14
M_Jackson007 posted...
I wouldn't be surprised if another Fates character made it into the next Smash, either readily available, or DLC.

And with the success of Awakening, it's no far stretch Nintendo would want to push it's follow up just as much.

Not so likely. Two years have passed since Fates released in Japan. The next Fire Emblem for Switch is bound to get an official reveal sometime next year (either during the early months, or at E3), and we also saw the release of Echoes earlier this year. If any FE game was to get a new character in Smash, it would probably be either of those two. Leaning towards Switch as most likely.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: brawl__08

brawl__08
3 weeks ago#15
M_Jackson007 posted...
Here's a parallel I never saw anyone else make. Robin is in the game as the main Awakening rep (Or maybe that's Lucina, I'm fine with that either way), and Corrin made it in as the main rep of Fates.

you're kidding right

you seriously never saw anyone else say this
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif

M_Jackson007
3 weeks ago#16
Maybe a few times... but I mean I never really see anyone focus on that.
Why do people waste so much time talking about things they don't like? They should just talk with like minded people about things they really enjoy!

brawl__08
3 weeks ago#17
Because few people really think it's worth focusing on. There were plenty of games that could've received that sort of treatment and probably would've been far better received too.

M_Jackson007
3 weeks ago#18
Ah. Well let's talk then about what character could have been used that wouldn't have been just another weapon or magic user.

brawl__08
3 weeks ago#19
I mean, is Corrin not a weapon user already? The Yato is just another weapon and the "dragon" parts of him/her could be substituted with anyone using a lance.
I agree that I wouldn't want Corrin to be cut either. Not a character I ever would have chosen or wanted to be in before, but now that s/he's here, Corrin might as well stay. We've got a unique moveset that we'd be losing, and plus Corrin has kinda grown on me, and appeared in several more games since. I really wouldn't want any characters cut, and still miss the characters who were--even characters like Wolf, whom I thought could have been excluded from Brawl for any character without a third landmaster. Now that Corrin's already been in Smash, s/he's more than just a Fire Emblem character-s/he's a Smash Bros. character.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. I wouldn't replace Corrin

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.