This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wouldn't replace Corrin

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. I wouldn't replace Corrin

User Info: Makio

Makio
4 weeks ago#21
MasterPeteDiddy posted...
now that s/he's here, Corrin might as well stay.

i have never understood and will never understand this mindset

We've got a unique moveset that we'd be losing

corrin's not a paragon of uniqueness at all, he recycles moves from the other fe characters

for example, his down tilt is literally ikes, his up air is literally marth's
the final verse is sung

User Info: MasterPeteDiddy

MasterPeteDiddy
4 weeks ago#22
Makio posted...
MasterPeteDiddy posted...
now that s/he's here, Corrin might as well stay.

i have never understood and will never understand this mindset

We've got a unique moveset that we'd be losing

corrin's not a paragon of uniqueness at all, he recycles moves from the other fe characters

for example, his down tilt is literally ikes, his up air is literally marth's

It's ok if you don't understand the mindset, but I'm sure that you can understand plenty of people feel that way? If a character is already made, so there's no good reason not to leave that character in for people who like it. The work is already done on the character for the most part. It's much easier to bring back a character than to create a new one. You wouldn't be ushering in new characters to cut Corrin from the game, you'd just be taking a mostly-finished character (that would only need touching up for a new game) and throwing him/her out. It's a waste and a shame.

And yeah sure some characters have functionally similar moves. Recycling assets is a completely reasonable design decision for the game's creators when we're looking at such a content-packed series, and what's important is that they do it creatively. For example, ok Corrin has Ike's dtilt and Marth's uair. Well, who else does? Or heck, who else has Corrin's neutral B for that matter? Even if the moves aren't all unique, the combination of them still only belongs to Corrin, and playing Corrin is going to be different than playing Ike or Marth. Heck, playing LUCINA can be different from playing Marth, because even with all of the same moves she still has some different strengths and weaknesses. And everyone is going to be someone's favorite character. There are Corrin and Lucina mains. People who love these characters. I actually enjoy playing as all of them.

But you're also stripping the characters down and looking at them differently than how people who like them might be looking at it. I know for some people you can look at Corrin and go, "Oh Corrin isn't even a dragon. The "dragon" form looks more like a llama f***ed a deer and then Arceus f***ed a motorcycle helmet and then the llama/deer and Arceus/motorcycle helmet hybrid baby abominations both grew up and f***ed one another to create this monstrosity. And a character with a lance could do the same stuff." And that stuff may all be well and true or at the very least somewhat justifiable! But to other people maybe Corrin is actually cool. Maybe they LIKE the fact that Corrin can just grow wings in the middle of a move or turn his/her arm into whatever they want. The flaming chainsaw sword might sound dumb to some people, but to others it's awesome. This stuff is all aesthetic sure, but that does matter. Animations might just be frosting on a cake that doesn't fundamentally change said cake, but good frosting can make a bland cake better. Plus the functions really do match up with the animations so it's really ok?

The fact that there are people who enjoy a characters like Corrin is a good enough reason to keep them around, in my opinion. The fact that some people don't enjoy characters like that isn't really a reason to get rid of them. Corrin's presence isn't hurting anyone. It should be easier for people to get over a character being added to a game than to get over a character being removed from it.

User Info: LysanderxX

LysanderxX
4 weeks ago#23
A_Field_Lover posted...
Corrin was unnecessary and are nowhere near the same as Marth and Roy/.

U mad because Corrin has an OP projectile?
You should try being a Pokemon
sheridoty.com fine art illustration

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
4 weeks ago#24
LysanderxX posted...
A_Field_Lover posted...

We really didn't need Corrin though... 6 FE chars even where FE is at now is too much. 5 is fine but six...?

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
4 weeks ago#25
LysanderxX posted...
A_Field_Lover posted...

Don’t listen to him.

He’s the pinnacle of a butthurt fanboy with nothing to say.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: BonziKong

BonziKong
4 weeks ago#26
Dragonage2ftw posted...
LysanderxX posted...
A_Field_Lover posted...

Don’t listen to him.

the same applies to dragonage.
Bonzi is a verified good boy

A_Field_Lover
4 weeks ago#27
BonziKong posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
LysanderxX posted...
A_Field_Lover posted...

Don’t listen to him.

the same applies to dragonage.

^

Like I used to unironically love Corrin in Smash days but Fates ruined them for me...

BonziKong
4 weeks ago#28
I think that goes for a lot of people, Fieldy

People were promised a badass dragon with a chainsaw

what they actually got was a worthless mary sue

A_Field_Lover
4 weeks ago#29
BonziKong posted...
I think that goes for a lot of people, Fieldy

People were promised a badass dragon with a chainsaw

what they actually got was a worthless mary sue

This is too accurate

BonziKong
4 weeks ago#30
It is

I am always right, after all.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. I wouldn't replace Corrin

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived