This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So with Bayonetta 3 announced exclusively for the switch...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. So with Bayonetta 3 announced exclusively for the switch...

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#31
not__shawn__z posted...
CrimsonSmasher posted...
not__shawn__z posted...
Listen man I'm all for doubting sakurai, but the guy literally came out and said how much support Geno had and that's why they included him. Keep in mind Geno's heyday was back in brawl. He didn't have even half of the support for smash 4 than he did back then

For Geno to do so well is a very good argument against "k rool and ridley have a small fanbase", which already is a silly argument

I don’t remember him saying that. I could be wrong but from what I remember it seemed more like Geno was something he personally wanted and decided against, not unlike Chrom.

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something.

Given this quote, will you admit that this-

I don’t see how a one-off character from an obscure game (relatively, I mean considering that it’s original sales weren’t anything super and it missed Europe entirely) can gain any real support regardless. Again, outside of the echo chamber that is the Smash fanbase

Is wrong? Which of course, would more than likely mean the Ridley and Krool don't have a lot of support argument is pretty bogus

I wanted a source, and a source with context. Without context he could just as easily be talking about the online circlejerk.
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
1 month ago#32
Stun427 posted...
That certainly isn't good news to hear as Bayonetta is one of those characters who needs to be promptly removed from the next Smash.

The way I see it is you either beat her to a pulp with a nerf stick or don't bother bringing her back at all.
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

User Info: not__shawn__z

not__shawn__z
1 month ago#33
CrimsonSmasher posted...
I wanted a source, and a source with context. Without context he could just as easily be talking about the online circlejerk.

??????

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something.

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#34
not__shawn__z posted...
CrimsonSmasher posted...

??????

The article it’s from, smart guy...

And again, he could easily be talking about the senseless forum echo chamber. He never said it wasn’t... He never said how or where he’s popular. Just that he is if you look in the right place.
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: OnePieceFan

OnePieceFan
1 month ago#35
CrimsonSmasher posted...
not__shawn__z posted...
CrimsonSmasher posted...

??????

And again, he could easily be talking about the senseless forum echo chamber. He never said it wasn’t... He never said how or where he’s popular. Just that he is if you look in the right place.

goo.gl/Hy8hCy

As far as I can tell, the original source is in Japanese, but the same information was cited by Source Gaming, so there's no reason not to believe that it's accurate.

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 month ago#36
Thank goodness!

Bayo deserves to come back

User Info: not__shawn__z

not__shawn__z
1 month ago#37
CrimsonSmasher posted...
not__shawn__z posted...
CrimsonSmasher posted...

??????

You could have just copy and pasted it and it would have showed up on the internet

Now that the fine gent presented you the source, will you admit you're wrong?

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#38
He never said how he was popular. Even the article itself acknowledges that Geno is really only “popular” because of how the Smash fanbase works...

He’s “popular” the same way Lyoid and K. Rool are. Which would be why they’re costumes and not fighters.
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: OnePieceFan

OnePieceFan
1 month ago#39
CrimsonSmasher posted...
He never said how he was popular. Even the article itself acknowledges that Geno is really only “popular” because of how the Smash fanbase works...

He’s “popular” the same way Lyoid and K. Rool are. Which would be why they’re costumes and not fighters.

He specifically said that they keep getting "loads" of requests and votes for him to be in the game, and even Sakurai feels like he'd work perfectly in Smash. Saying that he's unpopular, or only popular among a small segment of the fanbase, seems like denial, considering the evidence that we have to go on.

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#40
OnePieceFan posted...
He specifically said that they keep getting "loads" of requests and votes for him to be in the game, and even Sakurai feels like he'd work perfectly in Smash. Saying that he's unpopular, or only popular among a small segment of the fanbase, seems like denial, considering the evidence that we have to go on.

Last I heard, Lyoid has basically no support in Japan and yet got a costume anyway.

Why would Geno be lumped in with characters like this, even with Sakurai wanting him, if he really was universally popular?

These costumes really only make sense as throwing the volcal minority a bone, and nothing else.
FC 1504 5709 4054
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. So with Bayonetta 3 announced exclusively for the switch...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived