This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Ridley so popular when the Metroid series is a B grade tier?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Why is Ridley so popular when the Metroid series is a B grade tier?

User Info: JoshCubeXXXL

JoshCubeXXXL
4 years ago#1
Metroid's popularity is on the same level as F-Zero, Kirby, and Star Fox. These are all B grade tier series in the company (IMO.) Why is this guy wanted so much compared to characters from games with A grade tiers, such as Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda?

User Info: CanyouGuess

CanyouGuess
4 years ago#2
JoshCubeXXXL posted...
(IMO.)

You killed your own argument with that. Metroid is very popular, though moreso in the west. Regardless, people want him because he's a major antagonist in a said popular series.
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony

User Info: VictoryBadguy

VictoryBadguy
4 years ago#3
Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda already have a ton of characters. Even the "B-teir" series you listed have a bunch of characters, excluding F-Zero.

Metroid just has Samus. It's a more prolific and popular series than something like Star Fox and it only has one character (and one non-armored version of that character).
Eternally waiting for that SG 360 patch...

User Info: sumostickfigure

sumostickfigure
4 years ago#4
Please don't group F-Zero and Star Fox in with Kirby. The only popular game in the Star Fox franchise in the one for N64 and F-Zero hasn't had a new game in nearly a decade. And even if you do group those together and compare them to Metroid, Star Fox and Kirby each have more reps than Metroid; perhaps Metroid fans just want one more rep or something.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif

JoshCubeXXXL
4 years ago#5
CanyouGuess posted...
JoshCubeXXXL posted...
(IMO.)

You killed your own argument with that. Metroid is very popular, though moreso in the west. Regardless, people want him because he's a major antagonist in a said popular series.

No, the reason why I used "IMO" is because my statement is not a fact. Saying that the series is a B tier cannot be summarized down to that.

User Info: Modus_Pwnens

Modus_Pwnens
4 years ago#6
I want Ridley and I don't even like Metroid... I just think he's really cool. Problem?

JoshCubeXXXL
4 years ago#7
Ok, I was a little off about F-Zero. F-Zero is a C grade because they haven't had a new game in decades (I didn't realize this until just now.)

User Info: CanyouGuess

CanyouGuess
4 years ago#8
JoshCubeXXXL posted...
Ok, I was a little off about F-Zero. F-Zero is a C grade because they haven't had a new game in decades (I didn't realize this until just now.)

Don't remind me. Last F-Zero game was in 2004 for the GBA, and it never left Japan. Come on Nintendo, you can crank out 3 Mario Kart games in five years, but no more F-Zero after nine years?
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony

User Info: dedekong

dedekong
4 years ago#9
Kirby isn't B tier.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 years ago#10
I don't know if Metroid is equally popular as those series, but it's definitely better than them (no offense to those others).

Also since you conceded F Zero is less popular, the other two series you mentioned, Kirby and Star Fox, both have 3 characters, while Metroid only has 1.
PSN: TheUndying84
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Why is Ridley so popular when the Metroid series is a B grade tier?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived