About save states and multiple characters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Crown
  3. About save states and multiple characters

User Info: ninja_noob

ninja_noob
4 weeks ago#1
I'm new to this game and I'm playing on PS3. I'm using the fighter class on normal difficulty and I've got the first six talismans. Though, I find this class a bit boring, so I'd like to start an amazon.

Though, I tried to do it on the same file of the fighter and I found a bit annoying, because they seem to share the same inventory, so I was wondering if it's better to do it on a completely new save file.

Or maybe I'm still not very efficient at managing the inventory, so you could give adiveces so I can keep both chars on the same files?

Thanks for any help.

User Info: zh_jiaming

zh_jiaming
4 weeks ago#2
Nomally it can be good to have all char on the same file. This will allow you to share gear. About 30% of the gear you find is not for your character. This is a good way to get extra gear.

A lot of the armors are shared and same for weapons. Many players keep everything. That might not be a good idea. SELL things so that you have nearly no inventory and you'll be safe. If the equipment is not good enough to immediately jump into your 9 bags its probably a niche item at best.

Until you get familiar with inventory management, the easiest solution is to SELL items.

User Info: Gen2000

Gen2000
4 weeks ago#3
I would keep all characters on the same file. The inventory max is 500 and unless you play all 6 characters to Ultimate/Tower of Mirages endgame you probably won't run into any real inventory management issues anytime soon.

After a while once you get to Infernal difficulty you'll get a good eye of what's worth keeping and what's not at a quick glance. i.e. Srank only or instant vendor trash, Labyrinth of Chaos unique gear priority over mostly anything else, DMG Dealt/Taken xx%, Ignore Armor, Freeze/Petrify/Poison able status weapons, Immunity to Petrify on amulets, etc.

Some builds in gear involves sharing and swapping of gear from certain characters. Like Amazon has a special amulet that you can only get playing as her that's useful to everyone even in Ultimate difficulty so it's best to keep her on the same file as everyone else unless you plan on raising two Amazons.

Also while there is nothing wrong with initial impressions some characters are late-bloomers compared to others so having all their skill points gives better impression. i.e. Elf was infamous for this back during game's earlier days.
The Storm Is About To Rage.....

ninja_noob
4 weeks ago#4
Thanks for the advices, guys. I have to say, I'm not much of a fan of managing the inventory, so I'm just putting the highest level gear into my bag and selling the rest. Maybe gear becomes more important later on?

Also, is there any function for selecting many items and sell all of them at once? It seems it doesn't exists and I'm wondering why, it would be pretty useful...

For the rest, I think I could open a generic thread asking for advices on many things but I guess I can find most answers by just using the search function, otherwise I'll open specific topics.

Gen2000
4 weeks ago#5
Maybe gear becomes more important later on?
Not that big of a deal on Normal and Hard. On Infernal and especially Ultimate difficulty the right bag can be the difference between getting one-shot and being able to tank hits or downing a boss in 30sec to 1min vs. taking 5min. Or worst case scenario failing completely because you did so little damage you ran through all your durability on your gear and just unable to make any progress on the boss.

Also, is there any function for selecting many items and sell all of them at once?
Sadly no, the patches added some QoL features since vanilla days but still missing some obvious, useful, stuff. Maybe the DCPro release will push forth another patch to add some more QoL features and tidy up some of the mistranslations on ToM gear.

zh_jiaming
4 weeks ago#6
You have a button called "sell all loot" in the appraisal screen.

Best to use this strictly since its the fastest way to sell trash.

Gen2000
4 weeks ago#7
Yeah but that's only for spoils you get during the previous dungeon you last ran at the end of a run or chain or for any ????? type unappraised items you decided to throw in your armory storage if you do it via Morgan's Shop. For items already appraised in your armory storage I couldn't get that button to affect those things there.

ninja_noob
4 weeks ago#8
Hey, thanks guys. So, I guess I can play the easy difficulties and make experience, so I'll be able to tell what will be the right affixes for gear in the higher ones.

Gen2000 posted...
some characters are late-bloomers compared to others so having all their skill points gives better impression

Is this valid for the fighter too? It seems very strong but not very interesting to play, does it change when you raise his abilities? Is it worth I stick with him instead of skipping to the amazon? Would you give me an overview of this character vs amazon?

zh_jiaming
4 weeks ago#9
Fighter = Able to protect party. Provides team synergy. Has good sustained damage.
Amazon = Glass cannon parry reliant melee. She does a lot of dmg the more she hits (momentum) and avoids damage.

All 6 classes can solo at the highest level and do loads of damage. They all have creative builds too.

Perhaps best is you try a bit of everyone.

Gen2000
4 weeks ago#10
Fighter is a good middle ground between defensive side of Dwarf and offensive side of Amazon. I'm not sure how it is at low levels since it's been a long time for me personally but you're gonna be using a lot of Tempest Edge and Cyclone Masher towards the end since they're really good moves when maxed out. The AoE range of those moves is huge and when combined with status inflicting weapons like Freeze and Petrify you can control mobs of enemies easily. Judgement is also really good when you evade cancel it rapidly.

He can learn skills that draws all enemy aggro to him and buffs his ATK and another skill is a DEF/Damage Reduction buff and also makes him absorb damage that everyone else is taking on to himself. The latter is kind of suicide without the right setup but can be nice in a team setting when used properly. Both skills stacks with the standard ATK and DEF potions so you can get some nice overall boosts going for bosses.

He has a post-blocking technique that can stun some enemies and give him brief invincible frames. If you invest in the Rebuke skill and max it out this combination becomes a powerful counter-attack type style of play. If you just want a more straight forward attacker Fighter is probably someone to lean towards.

Amazon is straight forward at low level, you hit enemies, gain Berserk to make you faster and stronger, avoid damage so you don't lose Berserk and just work off that momentum. She has invincible frames in her Brandish attack but you to level it up to gain extra rotations on the spin. She doesn't have as much DEF as Fighter and Dwarf since you'll have to learn to use her Parry skill properly.

Unlike Fighter who guards with a shield Amazon guards with her weapon and guarding too much affects durability so you can't just turtle up against dangerous situations like Fighter. You'll have to use Parry and her invincible frames on her moves and evade properly to survive at higher difficulties. At first Parry invincible duration only last like 2 seconds but when maxed it's 5 seconds which is pretty long time to be invincible and you can refresh it by parrying again, a successful parry also boost your Berserk level. Ideally you'll pop parry and just slaughter everything while refreshing the i-frames via another parry amiss the chaos.

Her Stun Wave skill is underwhelming until lv.9/maxed then it basically gives her a long range projectile option. When combined with animation canceling via her Evades or done in a little more advanced way of inputting all the buttons for the command quickly to make her barely jump and rapid fire them you allows to do a lot of damage to a line of enemies or safe damage against some of the bosses.

Like Fighter she has good affinity with status inflicting weapons since a lot of her moves hit multiple times. Petrify in particular makes slaughtering mobs even easier with her and provides good support in a team setting since Amazon is mainly heavy DPS in groups since she can do a lot of damage quickly when running at maxed Berserk.

The higher difficulties of the game really gives reasons for the character skills and techniques to flesh out more. Enemies move faster the higher you go up and gain different attack patterns going from Infernal to Ultimate. A lot of reason a character can seem boring because enemies aren't really putting up a fight on Normal and Hard.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Crown
  3. About save states and multiple characters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived