The final level is awful

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. The final level is awful

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 months ago#131
Hikako posted...
Pikmin 2's mission mode feels... Underdesigned? Like, you can tell that there's a clear emphasis on quantity of missions over quality, and for the most part they end up not feeling much more interesting than regular caves with a time limit strapped on.

Agreed but they were still enjoyable
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
(message deleted)

User Info: DanSolaris

DanSolaris
1 month ago#133
I just noticed that Pikmin 4 is still listed for the Wii U...

User Info: Lagochocobo13

Lagochocobo13
1 month ago#134
DanSolaris posted...
I just noticed that Pikmin 4 is still listed for the Wii U...

Yeah because no official word on it coming to switch... I mean it could be a 3DS title but we all assume it's switch.
FC: 3007-9486-8232 IGN: Lucas
GT:Lagochocobo13

User Info: archidus

archidus
1 month ago#135
I wish I could replay Pikmin 3, but alas, with a broken Gamepad (or more specifically, the left analog stick which only goes in two directions, NE and SW) that's not possible. I tried playing using the Nunchuck like I played Pikmin 2, but having to have the Gamepad around at all times to press those stupid screen buttons was too annoying for me. I wish there were shortcuts for them in the Nunchuck, or at least a 'pause' button that would allow me to access the KopPad's functions.

Anyway, I only played through the Formidable Oak once. I do remember I had to replay it a thousand times because a) I couldn't stand the loss of my Pikmin and b) it took me a while to be able to comprehend what had to be done. Also, the way you have to play it is very 'against' my own play style of Pikmin, which is kinda defined by the fact that I had only played Pikmin 2 by that point. I take ages to advance, because I like being cautious. And if you try to be cautious and slow and only take safe steps, the Wraith will catch up to you even before you're able to find a decent way to make it 'loop around' to buy you time.

In the end, I actually felt very good about having beaten the damn stage, so I'd say even if it is a bit hard, it is extremely rewarding, so I can't complain about it. I enjoyed it.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

User Info: Hikako

Hikako
1 month ago#136
Honestly, I can't play this without the Wiimote after playing it once with it. It makes choosing where to throw so much snappier than with the gamepad that I can't go back.

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#137
I imagine Pikmin 4 will have inferior controls because using the Joycons like Wii remotes won't be as accurate because there's no sensor bar. Oh well

Lagochocobo13
1 month ago#138
New Nintendo Direct coming up... I have lost all hope of seeing any Pikmin 4 but just maybe they will surprise us with a December release... maybe?

Lagochocobo13
3 weeks ago#139
I have a problem and can't let this thread close until a new Pikmin comes out...

LuigiFan835
3 weeks ago#140
I don't want either thread to die either. Even if I had a relatively easy time with the last level in Pikmin 3
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. The final level is awful

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

More topics from this board...
Metroidvania?ilovethe7thday49/29 11:06AM