Did they stop making new copies?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. Did they stop making new copies?

User Info: _011235813_

_011235813_
3 years ago#11
longnuts posted...
No reason to buy a physical copy of this when digital is at regular retail price. Just checked the e-shop. Unsure how I can "gift" a digital copy to a 4 year old though.

Print a picture of pikmin and put it in a box. If you have an extra game case that will work perfect... or you could be sneaky and disguise it. Thinking a giant boxed filled with those packing peanuts with an envelope inside with a card inside that that says, hey you got pikmin! ^-^
FC: 2878-9679-9015

User Info: Danspurt

Danspurt
3 years ago#12
Purchase if first, and then download it (and its updates) overnight between 24th and 25th (unless you live in a country like me, where we open presents on the evening of the 24th, but in that case, download it during the night and keep them distracted with other fun Christmas stuff during the day, and hide it, like PyroNinja2 suggested).

It's a bit messier than a typical present, but hey, they can get playing right away with the digital version! If you get them the physical, they have to wait for the updates first, which is a thousand years for kids.

Make them a fun physical present that says "PIKMIN 3 IS ON THA WII U YO". Include a toy or plush Pikmin if you happen to find one.
http://i.imgur.com/roYmB8D.png

User Info: Every1hasAids

Every1hasAids
3 years ago#13
Amazon has copies. But they're seventy ish bucks. You could try walmart, Target, bestbuy or any other store. Since my internet is terrible, downloading it is out of the question hahah. I'll be getting my copy soon.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IJustWantMyFriendBack
Gamefaqs is like Walmart. Both have similarities when it comes to censorship. Quite annoying.

User Info: StargateCommand

StargateCommand
3 years ago#14
longnuts posted...
I'm wondering this myself. Daughter downloaded the demo and now wants santa to bring it. With SSB on her brother's list, this christmas is going to suck.

Go digital ;)

Recommended external hard drive: Western Digital. (I've owned 3 of them.)
Someone once said they were "raised to be honest" and that they "do not start arguments". Their posting history proves them wrong.

User Info: zeppelincheetah

zeppelincheetah
2 years ago#15
I got a Wii U for Christmas and, when asked if I wanted Pikmin 3 (I was offered one new game) I said no because I can get it free when I regiser the console... I got Mario Kart 8 (which is next to Pikmin 3 as my most wanted) and was unable to get Pikmin 3 (had no idea the deal was over) so I ordered it on Amazon for $80, which doesnt bother me too much. The last game I bought for myself was GTA V back in 2013. I have only played the demo so far but I love it.
~Z~

User Info: The Vic Viper

The Vic Viper
2 years ago#16
If we're lucky, Nintendo will re-release it as a Player's Choice or whatever they're calling it nowadays in a year or two.
~ The Vic Viper ~
"I have nightmares about hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you."

User Info: Nebula2012

Nebula2012
2 years ago#17
zeppelincheetah posted...
I got a Wii U for Christmas and, when asked if I wanted Pikmin 3 (I was offered one new game) I said no because I can get it free when I regiser the console... I got Mario Kart 8 (which is next to Pikmin 3 as my most wanted) and was unable to get Pikmin 3 (had no idea the deal was over) so I ordered it on Amazon for $80, which doesnt bother me too much. The last game I bought for myself was GTA V back in 2013. I have only played the demo so far but I love it.

You could have bought digital and saved $30 ;)

User Info: TooTooP2

TooTooP2
2 years ago#18
So I was actually lucky enough to find a copy at toys r us, for $40 nonetheless
WII U & PSN: happydudey
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/UEhappydudey
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. Did they stop making new copies?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
The final level is awfulThe_MCX16812/10 7:00PM