Tried the demo, and I have a question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. Tried the demo, and I have a question.

User Info: ClassyOldHat

ClassyOldHat
2 years ago#1
I noticed the lack of swarming control in this game. I did I quick search of this forum's archive and confirmed there's no equivalent to the C-Stick from the Gamecube games. I feel I can get used to this eventually, after learning you can dodge with the D-Pad, though I also feel I need to ask, is there any way to more efficiently pick up fruit and other items than tossing Pikmin at them one by one? It seems painfully slow, otherwise.
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848 IGN: Zach

User Info: Luigi_Fan2

Luigi_Fan2
2 years ago#2
With the gamepad, press B after locking onto something to have your pikmin charge at it. There's no swarm this time though.

User Info: Danspurt

Danspurt
2 years ago#3
Luigi_Fan2 posted...
With the gamepad, press B after locking onto something to have your pikmin charge at it. There's no swarm this time though.

This. Basically, the "discharge" button while locking on will make you send your entire squad at the target at once. It's really handy.
Later in the game, you will get Pikmin that can fly. Discharging them towards an elevated target will make them fly straight for it. It's super handy. (spoiler marked just in case you don't want Pikmin types revealed)
http://i.imgur.com/roYmB8D.png
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. Tried the demo, and I have a question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived