Returning money for a "reward." Uhh, what reward and why should I return it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Returning money for a "reward." Uhh, what reward and why should I return it?

User Info: Neo_Sarevok

Neo_Sarevok
3 years ago#1
This has happened two times. I see someone held up at gunpoint, I stop the gunman, the game says to either keep the money or return the money for a "reward."

Now keeping in mind this is a video game where morality means nothing, I have yet to find a reason to return the money. Hell, one time I just shot the guy I gave the reward money too because I was ticked he didn't give me anything in return.

User Info: Gobey6

Gobey6
3 years ago#2
Few people give you a very worthwhile reward

Very worthwhile
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6

User Info: ihumpmypillow89

ihumpmypillow89
3 years ago#3
Not really sure but one time I returned a guy's bike and he sent me an email and gave me $100,000 in his company stock.
http://goo.gl/pIFDj | http://goo.gl/16aDr
This is what happens when a 5 year old writes a comic - http://goo.gl/zRaAS

User Info: keniption

keniption
3 years ago#4
Pretty sure you get to keep a % of what you find. Either way sometimes they'll email you later and give you stuff. I got a suit from some lady that had her car stolen. I think I got $100,000 from a guy I returned a bike to also.

However it's not an instant reward. This took time to pay off.
GT/PSN/Vita/Wii U/3DS/Steam/Raptr - Keniption

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
3 years ago#5
You can get skill boosts, contacts and additional rewards for doing so. It may not be worth it ion the short-term, but the cash you get from those events is chump change and the rewards are much better.

E.G. While playing as Franklin I recovered some Indian chicks' car and she bought me a suit. No idea if it's exclusive to that event or not, but that was cool.
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: SlyGamer1979

SlyGamer1979
3 years ago#6
most times if its returning money say 500 you get 50 or so which i just keep the money lol

returning someones handbag/briefcase is worth alot more then 500 if i remember correctly but still keep the damn thing lol.
PSN SlyFox5679
Steam SlyFox5679

User Info: Dreadgrunt

Dreadgrunt
3 years ago#7
If you pick up the money after killing the thief and it's $500, the person you give it back to only gives you $50 of it, so definitely not worth giving back.

User Info: TalentedM

TalentedM
3 years ago#8
I got $100,000 in stocks from someone for returning a bike.

The rest was just a little cut of whatever was taken and getting shot and killed once.
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Returning money for a "reward." Uhh, what reward and why should I return it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived