Would the series benefit from a "save anywhere" feature?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Would the series benefit from a "save anywhere" feature?

User Info: the_old_days

the_old_days
4 years ago#1
Not during missions of course, or when you have wanted stars, but when freeroaming or in-between missions.

It's not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying when you finish a mission and have to drive all the way across the city to save, only to drive all the way back across the city for your next mission icon.

I understand part of exploring the cities in GTA is driving to and from mission icons, but a partial "save anywhere" feature would be useful in my opinion. I like to knock back a series of missions in a row, then do some exploring on my own when I'm not trying to keep my body armor at 100% or conserve ammo.

Or, better yet, add a "call friend" feature that allows you to save. They have friends bring you car, motorcycles, and weapons; why not a save icon as well?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901

User Info: hellslave

hellslave
4 years ago#2
save anywhere in that when you load up again, you start at the exact spot you saved at? or like in far cry 3 where you resume from the nearest spawn point (gas stations, maybe?)?
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.

User Info: the_old_days

the_old_days
4 years ago#3
On loading, you'd be at your last used safe-house. Or closest safe house to where you saved, similar to when you die, how you spawn at the nearest hospital.

I'd like to add that I'd only want this feature if R* still found a way to make safe houses important. I like having safe houses.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901

User Info: hellfire582

hellfire582
4 years ago#4
the_old_days posted...
Not during missions of course, or when you have wanted stars, but when freeroaming or in-between missions.

It's not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying when you finish a mission and have to drive all the way across the city to save, only to drive all the way back across the city for your next mission icon.

I understand part of exploring the cities in GTA is driving to and from mission icons, but a partial "save anywhere" feature would be useful in my opinion. I like to knock back a series of missions in a row, then do some exploring on my own when I'm not trying to keep my body armor at 100% or conserve ammo.

Or, better yet, add a "call friend" feature that allows you to save. They have friends bring you car, motorcycles, and weapons; why not a save icon as well?

I think that's a great idea. After I finished the main story of SA, I noticed there were certain places I liked to mess around in, and it would've saved me a lot of time if I could've just saved in those spots.

User Info: ViciousXl2

ViciousXl2
4 years ago#5
hellfire582 posted...
the_old_days posted...

I think that's a great idea. After I finished the main story of SA, I noticed there were certain places I liked to mess around in, and it would've saved me a lot of time if I could've just saved in those spots.

You can get a mod for that :)
Very convenient
All the world will be your enemy. Troll with a thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will mod you. But first they must catch you

User Info: FatalFragger

FatalFragger
4 years ago#6
Absolutely. I want this feature. After recentlu going back to GTA IV to get some minor acheivements, it was annoying as hell to have to drive forever away to get to places I needed to go.

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
4 years ago#7
Only if there's a realistic way for it to work. It worked in RDR because you could set up camp anywhere in the wilderness. It might seem a bit weird to be playing GTA and be able to randomly save the game when you're standing in the middle of a road. Maybe they could implement something like you can save by sitting down at any bench/chair/table that you see anywhere in the city, so that way it would at least seem like a realistic place to be while the in game time passes by.

User Info: hellslave

hellslave
4 years ago#8
Only if there's a realistic way for it to work. It worked in RDR because you could set up camp anywhere in the wilderness. It might seem a bit weird to be playing GTA and be able to randomly save the game when you're standing in the middle of a road. Maybe they could implement something like you can save by sitting down at any bench/chair/table that you see anywhere in the city, so that way it would at least seem like a realistic place to be while the in game time passes by.

This.
Get MS Points just for using Bing!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=_050883a4-a571-6c14-7517-6035ff75eb68

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
4 years ago#9
hellslave posted...

This.

came in handy.
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2

User Info: StarGoy

StarGoy
4 years ago#10
I prefer not knowing whether or not I'm gonna die on my way to the Safe House; it adds danger. But the bench/resting spot thing is a potentially good idea.

What if you're Wanted?--no save bench? You're in a fire-fight. You save. Do you load back into the action? etc.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Would the series benefit from a "save anywhere" feature?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived