Disk 2 is unreadable

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Disk 2 is unreadable

User Info: Heretic_Teddie

Heretic_Teddie
3 years ago#1
So I bought GTA 5 last week, completed the main missions and everything was fine. Started it today and Xbox says that disk is unreadable and won't start up the game.

I checked the disk, there are no scratches and other games work fine in my Xbox just GTA 5 disk 2. Anyone have an idea as to what could have caused this or how to fix it?
I heard it was amazing when the famous purple stuffed rabbit in flap-jaw space, with the turning fork, does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

User Info: Muse1001

Muse1001
3 years ago#2
Clear the cache?

User Info: Kreativity

Kreativity
3 years ago#3
Is your disk in a foreign language?

User Info: Heretic_Teddie

Heretic_Teddie
3 years ago#4
I tried clearing the cache a couple of times and reinstalling disk 1. The only noticeable difference from when I bought it is the burn circle around the outside of the disk.
I heard it was amazing when the famous purple stuffed rabbit in flap-jaw space, with the turning fork, does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

User Info: Carnal_Spirit

Carnal_Spirit
3 years ago#5
Just to say I had this problem with disc 1 not disc 2.

I have a first gen xbox (cream one with no HDMI, yes, I know, it just refuses to die!) anyway my disc 1 always comes up as unreadable.

I took it round to a mates house who also has an older xbox, but newer than mine, still cream, but does have the HDMI and I tried my disc 1 on his and it had the same error.

I tried my disc 2 on his where he has already installed his disc 1 and his game loaded with my disc 2, so that seems fine.

I borrowed his disc 1 and tried it on my xbox, straight in and installed without any problem. Then I used my disc 2 and the game loads fine.

So now I will be popping back to where I purchased mine and tell them that the disc 1 they have sold me is a dud and will get a replacement.

So while I dont think the really old xboxs like these new fully loaded discs, in my tests at least can see that it was a duff disc and nothing to do with the cache, buffer size or anything else I have seen on the issue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(\~~~~ Shark
~~~~/)~~~~\o/~~~~~~~~~~ Attack!
(message deleted)

User Info: TatooineOutcast

TatooineOutcast
3 years ago#7
Heretic_Teddie posted...
I tried clearing the cache a couple of times and reinstalling disk 1. The only noticeable difference from when I bought it is the burn circle around the outside of the disk.

You or someone/thing knocked the 360 while it was on. This causes the burn circle and makes the game unreadable. :( Sorry <3
Xbox Live: ItsShimmers
www.ItsShimmers.com|| 3DS FC: 0320-0348-0782

User Info: Zeke0238

Zeke0238
3 years ago#8
Adjust your POT. Knock it down a couple hundred Ohms.
Molon Labe
Xbox Live Gamertag: XavierBK

User Info: lVlAtlZiX

lVlAtlZiX
3 years ago#9
I have this problem only once the update finishes, if I delete the update it doesnt do this, but if I accept to install it, boom disc unreadable.
GT: MAtRiX 757
PSN: MAtRiX_757
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Disk 2 is unreadable

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived