Just bought game - Freezing on R* Loadup page ...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Just bought game - Freezing on R* Loadup page ...

User Info: Nazomi

Nazomi
2 years ago#1
Hi all,

I am obviously very late to GTA5 as I have been away for a fair amount of time so bought this last week and have spent 1 hour on it at time of purchase. Went to play yesterday and this problem occurred.

Background:

The game is installed via disc one (Takes between 15-20 minutes)
Insert disc two is inserted and it works fine - I shut down after saving and pressing the power button

A week later (Yesterday) I return to play and it freezes at the r* page.
Quick check online it seems plenty of people experience this ... EIGHT MONTHS AGO. Anyway

I clear cache - nothing
I have to delete everything (bar saves)

Re-install, takes twenty minutes
Insert disc two - works fine, play for half hour, head to the gym
Return - same problem

Delete
Reinstall
Insert disc two all is well for 1 hour then it crashes on the 'Michael Tennis coach mission' Game suggests it could be the disc when it auto re-boots. Try again, same thing.

So I've just borrowed it from a friend who tested it on two consoles before I left his house, get to my place and BOOM freezes on R* page. WTF!!!!

I have 160GB free storage. It's a SLIM console (not the newest variety the one before).

Every other game works fine. Never had a game crash on me, not that I can recall within the last 3 or so years anyway so I have no idea

TLDR;

Game crashing R* Page - tried deleting and reinstalling, works at the time but after xbox shut down same problem persists. To make matters worse also crashed on a certain mission twice. Borrowed a friends copy, also freezing same spot. XBOX has 160GB free space, tried deleting cache problem persists

SOLUTIONS?

Only thing I can find on R* page is to move save file to a USB and try loading which I'll try shortly. So annoying

Any help would be appreciated thank you
X360 GT: BarrattsMini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOUBxJnH52Y

Nazomi
2 years ago#2
For what it's worth....

Got it working - had to delete the update then cancel when it tries to download it again.

Great work R*

User Info: schwatzz

schwatzz
2 years ago#3
Just to clarify, are you installing the play disc to the harddrive? If you do, that causes some major errors. Try installing the play disc on to a usb flash drive.

Nazomi
2 years ago#4
schwatzz posted...
Just to clarify, are you installing the play disc to the harddrive? If you do, that causes some major errors. Try installing the play disc on to a usb flash drive.

I was not - I only installed disc one as I was informed of this beforehand.

Whatever the most recent update was/is was causing the problem. I deleted that and it plays perfectly. I've just got all three playable guys so going well just have to cancel that download every time - no biggie but still ... good work R* lol
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Just bought game - Freezing on R* Loadup page ...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived