Yet another weapons question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Yet another weapons question

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
3 years ago#1
I'm seriously missing something when crafting tools and weapons. The forging machine keeps giving me the same recipes for tools and weapons I already have. If I make something that I already have do I just sell it? What am I supposed to do? And I can't see to upgrade. I can't eat anymore bread because it just keeps telling me that I gave to forge weapons. Help please. Thanks.
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, Dream Address: 5600-2142-2397

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
3 years ago#2
Make tools, make weapons, raise your skill.
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

WitchBaby4200
3 years ago#3
So make the same tools and weapons I already have and then upgrade them?
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.

User Info: KGTrigger

KGTrigger
3 years ago#4
You need to keep forging (same stuff over and over again is fine)to raise your skill level high enough to learn new recipes.
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID

User Info: minakorocket

minakorocket
3 years ago#5
Ohhh it's you Witchbaby.

Your problem is probably something like this:

Your forging is 51
The highest Short Sword I can make is: Grantale 59
The highest Spear I can make is: Safety Lance 13
The highest Twin Swords I can make is: 57

So you're like, "Mina! Why can't I make a higher spear than 13!? I know there's more spears out there."

And I say this:

"Well what's your skill level with the weapon in question?"

and you say:

Short Sword 30
Spear 8
Dual Blades 68

So funnily enough it seems like you have to breach a certain level of skill with the weapon before you can forge higher level weapons. This means actually fighting with the weapons in question. I've tested this. I was at 1 skill with Spear, tried to eat a Weapon Recipe bread, nada... went outside, fought some enemies to get to Spear skill 8, ate a Weapon Recipe bread, voila, I learned Spears. These are my actual figures at the moment so this is pretty accurate. :)
My stream: http://www.twitch.tv/minakorocket/new
Follow me to get notified when I stream! I probably like games like the one I'm posting in. :)

WitchBaby4200
3 years ago#6
minakorocket posted...
Ohhh it's you Witchbaby.

Your problem is probably something like this:

Your forging is 51
The highest Short Sword I can make is: Grantale 59
The highest Spear I can make is: Safety Lance 13
The highest Twin Swords I can make is: 57

So you're like, "Mina! Why can't I make a higher spear than 13!? I know there's more spears out there."

And I say this:

"Well what's your skill level with the weapon in question?"

and you say:

Short Sword 30
Spear 8
Dual Blades 68

So funnily enough it seems like you have to breach a certain level of skill with the weapon before you can forge higher level weapons. This means actually fighting with the weapons in question. I've tested this. I was at 1 skill with Spear, tried to eat a Weapon Recipe bread, nada... went outside, fought some enemies to get to Spear skill 8, ate a Weapon Recipe bread, voila, I learned Spears. These are my actual figures at the moment so this is pretty accurate. :)

Hey Mina! Thank you so much! This is a HUGE help! :D Totally explains my problem. I was like "There has to be SOMETHING I'm missing." Thanks for the thorough explanation! :D

User Info: gohobojoe

gohobojoe
3 years ago#7

THAT'S WHY I CAN'T MAKE ANY FIST WEAPONS.
"My name isn't Slick. It's Zoidberg. JOHN ****ING ZOIDBERG!" - Zoidberg, Futurama

WitchBaby4200
3 years ago#8
gohobojoe posted...

THAT'S WHY I CAN'T MAKE ANY FIST WEAPONS.

ROFL!!!!! I am so freaking glad I wasn't the only one going nuts over this!
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Yet another weapons question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived