First impressions on this game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. First impressions on this game...

User Info: glitchXII

glitchXII
1 month ago#11
Typhoon is the only monster that exclusively appears during typhoons. The fairies are just a bit harder than normal monsters to find depending on RNG luck.
Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Pc, what the heck does it matter what we play on? FC: 3496-9744-9813
DD:DA (XOne) pawn: Luna

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
1 month ago#12
Huh, so I just found the fairy randomly then. I had thought it was a rare golden fairy and was trying to uh...persuade it to join. Then my golden chest monster with like, 7 different status effects that activate kinda wrecked it... I had originally thought it was kind of a "rare" monster in the sense that it was similar to those giant enemies that sometimes appear (minus chicken ones). Well, I managed to get all four now...wonder how powerful I can get them.

Also, it seems by using the plant growth or shrinking items on your monsters, you can change their size...interesting. I'm hoping advantages go like so...

Smaller= Smaller hitbox, making it harder to hit, but also makes long distance magic smaller.
Larger= Bigger hitbox, making it easier to hit, but makes long distance moves bigger.

Sound like I thing? I don't have the money to really test it out, obviously.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: mastersord

mastersord
1 month ago#13
If you can find typhoon, it might be worth grabbing one. I don’t remember it’s level at base difficulty, but with max level orders passed (level orders unlock post story), it can show up as level 1000. It uses dark magic, but being part of the demon family, it can also cast heal spells. It can be tamed with any items.

Potentially, stats don’t matter in the long run. Stats will raise with levels. Naturally, at max level orders, regular monsters can all be found around level 12,000 and have 30,000-50,000 in all stats. You can also raise stats through daily feeding. I think you can also use stat booster meds as well (also unlocked late/post story).

Edit: sounds like you found a yellow fairy and are using a mimic. That yellow fairy can respawn but it is not common. It uses earth magic. It can be tamed with any items you have (I will refer to this as taming with junk items henceforth), but I don’t think they cast heal spells.

Edit2: I never tried that. From what I’ve found, bigger and smaller monsters are different species.

Meteordragon10
1 month ago#14
Hm, I tried to grab him one time, but it seems like his "heart" never appeared above his head. ...I don't know if I want to face that thing at level 1000. It was kicking my ass at whatever level it was normally.

Stat boosters seem to suck. They only raise stats by 1? I feel like these should be used exclusively on human characters because most monsters can get better stat boosts than that from well...just about anything.

Correct. I found a Mimic fairly early on (second dungeon) and managed to snag it. I used it pretty much exclusively up until I finally beat the game, where it got replaced with Amberosa.

They aren't, with the exception of those stupidly large boss ones, which have different names but the same sprite. Wooly are a good example of this, and you can find them in various sizes in the beginning of the game. I once saw this suuuuper tiny one and I wanted to tame it, but was unable to because it was 200 levels over me.

Speaking of which, I found out that apparently raw fish give out stats to weapons (and possibly monsters) that aren't displayed in their description. For instance, a Rainbow Trout gives a weapon INT+4 and Psn Atk+8%, or Armor INT+ 4, Psn Res 30%, and Sick Res 13%, but this info is not displayed in its description when upgrading. Kinda makes me wonder what else has hidden upgrade values like this... Hm. It also seems that rarely, food products can also give you some stat boosts... Ice cream grants armor a Fire Res 10+ Water Res 10-...stat. A boost and a downgrade at the same time.
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

Meteordragon10
1 month ago#15
...The request box seems to have a crush on me. Alright...

mastersord
1 month ago#16
Do you have monster barn space? I think it’s 4 monsters per room per barn.

You also should brush the target monster before tossing stuff at it. If a music note doesn’t appear over its head, it cannot be recruited. This may be due to barn space, it’s a boss and requires a specific taming item and to be beaten at least once, or it’s one of the very few non-recruitable monsters in the game.

I don’t think you’ll run into anything higher than level 400 in any parts of the story. You might hit level 1000 on the last part of the bonus dungeon. The fairy is probably not even level 100. You will have to farm it a while to get one though.

Edit: You beat the game? Did you do the 3rd arc yet?

Meteordragon10
1 month ago#17
I have six barns, and two are upgraded with a side room. (though four of them are completely empty because there's not a ton of monsters I like.

Yeah...see it's a bit hard to brush them when they can one shot you and end your life : x. Those smaller fairies in the maze always one shot me, even though I have about 12,000 HP. I have the smaller fairies as well, but mine are...a good 150 levels below those. I've tamed the first two bosses so far, but I haven't made much progress with the others. Barn space is not an issue. I have about 20 open spaces.

I'm finished with the main story...the "third arc" does not seem like it is part of the story, and more postgame ish because it seems to require going to a dungeon with enemies waaaay over your level, who can one shot you. I'm in that Sharance Maze place, or whatever it was called btw. If there's another place I should've gone, the game didn't exactly leave any hints as to where I need to go. I'm only level 149 atm...

mastersord
1 month ago#18
You could forge equipment that negates element damage. All you need are 10-fold steel and giant crystal flowers of each type.

The trick though is to learn its pattern. You may need to increase your running speed with better shoes.

Have you tried throwing something at it and sneaking around to brush it?

User Info: glitchXII

glitchXII
1 month ago#19
Sharence is actually harder than Rune prana for act 3.
Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Pc, what the heck does it matter what we play on? FC: 3496-9744-9813
DD:DA (XOne) pawn: Luna

Meteordragon10
1 month ago#20
I don't...know how to do that. Sounds like forging materials I have don't access to though. Nothing I have negates elemental damage completely. I don't have 10-fold steel or the giant crystal flowers. I know 4/10 fold steel is obtained from that chipmonk enemy in Leon Karnak though...just finished that place recently. As for the fairies, if I rush in with Axel Disaster (rune ability) it usually OHKOs them as long as I have Fatal Crush equipped. They one shot me though...like from anything. Physical or magic, except the Earth fairy whose magic seems weaker for some reason. Fire/Water/Wind fairies all OHKO me with any attack of any type.

I haven't even tried to tame them yet because they one shot me, and attack from a distance. I am trying to boost my own monster's stats without having to rely on monsters I don't want duplicates of. The fairies I have now are more less maxed on FP.

I don't know what Rune Prana is, nor how to get to it right now. As far as I know, I have filled out every area in any map in the game. The only place I cannot get back to is uh...that place I went to beyond the gate where enemies come from. Also that one boss I fought at the end of it. Plus those statues won't fight me anymore...
I've been trying Sharence constantly though, but I can only get so far since I'm sitting at level 170ish. I have gotten some stupidly high attack weapons from there though, like this giant "Fatal Crush" hammer that has 11,500 Attack, but I only use it in Sharence equipped with Wet Boots because it is...pretty broken.

By the way, question for anyone. Monster stuff again. If you feed them weapons and armor, what exactly do they get out of it? Does it gain only the a portion of the main stats of the equipment or does it gain a portion of the modifiers (aka Crit+, Knock+, Stun+, Diz+, Psn/Par/Seal+ etc, Seal/Fire Res+ etc...)?
I ask because I want to give Syringe weapons to my monsters. They have modifiers like, Diz+30, Crit+30%, Knock+50%, and Stun+150% and it sounds like that'd be great to feed to a monster, provided it works at all. They're fairly easy to make as long as you have access to silver in-game, and even if they only get a portion of the modifiers, seems like they're really good. (except with main stats)
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. First impressions on this game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived