***Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear FAQ***

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 2
  3. ***Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear FAQ***

User Info: LiquidCsOH

LiquidCsOH
4 years ago#91
Rimmer_Dall posted...
Yeah sorry. Mostly my post was directed at this specific line. after you've played through it at least once as "intended."

Basically what I'm trying to say is when people tell other people to play through a game unmodded the first time it's usually for the wrong reasons. Of course, the fact that the mod is incomplete and buggy as hell is a pretty good reason.

Your logic is still flawed. Games should be played as they were intended by the creators. THEN you should mod. Why mod a game into something you might not like. I hate a lot of mods for skyrim. all those ENB mods are over hyped, and if i listened to all the hype i would be installing "realvision END" right out of the gate. I would never see skyrim the way it was meant to be seen.

That being said.... The Fallout 2 Restoration Project is done. Killapp has updated to v2.2 as of this post
MMORPG's are stupid

User Info: thelovebat

thelovebat
3 years ago#92
LiquidCsOH posted...
Rimmer_Dall posted...
Yeah sorry. Mostly my post was directed at this specific line. after you've played through it at least once as "intended."

Basically what I'm trying to say is when people tell other people to play through a game unmodded the first time it's usually for the wrong reasons. Of course, the fact that the mod is incomplete and buggy as hell is a pretty good reason.

Your logic is still flawed. Games should be played as they were intended by the creators. THEN you should mod. Why mod a game into something you might not like. I hate a lot of mods for skyrim. all those ENB mods are over hyped, and if i listened to all the hype i would be installing "realvision END" right out of the gate. I would never see skyrim the way it was meant to be seen.

That being said.... The Fallout 2 Restoration Project is done. Killapp has updated to v2.2 as of this post

Bethesda is a completely different animal from something like The Restoration Project. They rely more on mods to polish up their games than them actually polishing up their games. The console versions of Fallout 3 still have many unfixed bugs and issues to deal with, and the PC version of Fallout 3 still isn't optimized to work with OS's like Windows 7.

The Restoration Project was made with the original developers in mind and things they wanted to put into the game but never had time to before release, it's very noticeable that without The Restoration Project several notable quests or questlines remain unfinished without the extra content. Sulik himself even has added lines of voice dialogue for his talking head when you make it to his village which is added in The Restoration Project. The game is made much better with the mod.
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2

User Info: SpaceAgeSamurai

SpaceAgeSamurai
3 years ago#93
maynardftw posted...
I had color problems on 7, and the resolution patch fixed it for me.

Also, are you going to at any point edit the original post to include all these things so people don't have to read through all the pages to get the whole effect of the FAQ? :p

I can't believe I missed this.

Oh, well, it's over a year late, but it is a reasonable question, so I figured it deserved an answer in case anyone else was wondering.

Since GameFAQs only allows you to edit posts made within the last hour or so, and the original posts predate that by about ... 5 and a half years, I can't simply edit all of the new content into the earlier posts (and I'd probably run into character limit problems, even if I could). The only way to insert the new content into the original organizational structure would be to remake the entire thread, and even if I did have that kind of time to burn, I honestly just don't feel like it.

So, unless someone else wants to make an FAQ thread 2.0, after the iniitial posts, the rest of the thread is going be a bit of a jumbled mess. Sorry about that, but that's the way it is.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

User Info: LiquidCsOH

LiquidCsOH
3 years ago#94
SpaceAgeSamurai posted...
maynardftw posted...
I had color problems on 7, and the resolution patch fixed it for me.

Also, are you going to at any point edit the original post to include all these things so people don't have to read through all the pages to get the whole effect of the FAQ? :p

I can't believe I missed this.

Oh, well, it's over a year late, but it is a reasonable question, so I figured it deserved an answer in case anyone else was wondering.

Since GameFAQs only allows you to edit posts made within the last hour or so, and the original posts predate that by about ... 5 and a half years, I can't simply edit all of the new content into the earlier posts (and I'd probably run into character limit problems, even if I could). The only way to insert the new content into the original organizational structure would be to remake the entire thread, and even if I did have that kind of time to burn, I honestly just don't feel like it.

So, unless someone else wants to make an FAQ thread 2.0, after the iniitial posts, the rest of the thread is going be a bit of a jumbled mess. Sorry about that, but that's the way it is.

well... we'll just have to make a new thread when we hit 500 :-)
MMORPGs are stupid

User Info: RangerJedi

RangerJedi
3 years ago#95
Great topic! Just dusted off my old CD of the game, and DLed the restoration project. Easy peasy in Win 7, no additional work required to get it up and running.

Question for TC and others: now that the RP is essentially "done", do you still feel the same way about the ap ammo fix as you did when it was first released? I did a few quick searches and couldn't find a whole lot of info about it - what do you like/dislike about it?
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

User Info: Rimmer_Dall

Rimmer_Dall
2 years ago#96
LiquidCsOH posted...

Woah, a reply to a post I made three years before the reply which I am now replying to a year later.

All I have to say to this is "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines".
http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/statistics/Cat
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rimmer7

User Info: jletter

jletter
2 years ago#97
Heh, after working on some calculations and ending up in an archived post here...Time to brush off some forum dust (both on this board and this account) and add that the RP is now at 2.3.3.

I'd agree with Rimmer, VtM - Bloodlines is definitely better modded out the gate. I would also argue that Darth Stoney's Kotor 2 restoration should be mandatory, even for a first play through, (Though not necessarily the M4-78 restoration add-on.)
Welcome to Gamefaqs - where everyone is wrong about everything.
(message deleted)

User Info: Laclongquan

Laclongquan
1 year ago#99
A note to fallout2 fans:

Fallout Resurrection is out. Basically, it's a standalone module for F2, set at several years after F1's event. You will meet people from the Hub and elswhere.

Plays pretty good.

Note that while high CHA and high Speech has their uses, high number of followers is not one.
[url=I wear my heart on my sleeves]https://teespring.com/stores/holiday-gift[/url]
Laclongquan posted...
A note to fallout2 fans:

Fallout Resurrection is out. Basically, it's a standalone module for F2, set at several years after F1's event. You will meet people from the Hub and elswhere.

Plays pretty good.

Note that while high CHA and high Speech has their uses, high number of followers is not one.

They actually sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the information.
"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 2
  3. ***Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear FAQ***

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.