anyways to play this with no cd?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
  3. anyways to play this with no cd?

User Info: SomeDude1205

SomeDude1205
8 years ago#1
I bought the gold edition pack for 9 dollars at walmart. Just wondering if there's anyways to play this w/o having to insert a cd in everytime.

I'm kinda spoiled by the latest Starcraft/D2/War3/C&C: 1st decade patches as well as Steam games that require no cd to play the respective games.
A fan of JAM Project

User Info: Stiphilis

Stiphilis
8 years ago#2
Yes, but it might be against the ToS to talk about, even though you own the game.

User Info: moonroot

moonroot
8 years ago#3

I'd also like to know how to do this. Does one of the official patches include a no cd patch?

I have a netbook that I'd like to be able to play this on (no CD drive) so if I load it on w/ my external (wall-powered) CD/DVD drive I would have a portable game. I've also been looking into CD emulators for this type of thing--if anyone could point me towards one that is reputable, it would be much appreciated.

User Info: Drippy89

Drippy89
8 years ago#4
Get the 2.0b patch. It allows No CD play.

Knocked the **** out!!!!
http://www.arcademaniacs.com/index.php?params=game/723/Felony-Fights-Knockout

User Info: Eddo_C

Eddo_C
8 years ago#5
Alcohol 52% is free and is a good CD emulator when you run out of plans. I use it. I always have a separate hard drive to store every CD I have. With the amount of disc I have, is easier to just use an emulator as opposed to searching for the disc underneath my bed somewhere (scary place).

Is not really TOS violation when you give an example of a an emulator, is not illegal to have or make such programs. And you are certainly not giving info in
Go FOTA. Down with Spanky.
There is not a problem except you trying to find one.

User Info: SourlDieseL

SourlDieseL
8 years ago#6
TC needs to return to get answers.
| Sour DieseL™ | board=585065&topic=49056489
I will change my Signature when I have a name with spaces. - 4.27.2009
  1. Boards
  2. Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
  3. anyways to play this with no cd?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived