The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Exhibition/Money matches.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Exhibition/Money matches.

User Info: Project5Boss

Project5Boss
4 years ago#1
Would you prefer to see more exhibition matches over actual tournaments? - Results (20 votes)
Yes
5% (1 votes)
No
10% (2 votes)
A good balance of both.
85% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think Fanatiq vs RayRay was good. I thought Champ vs Chris G was godlike. I greatly enjoyed Bar Fights last year. Often times on various forums people argue about which player is better and sometimes tournament results and placings aren't sufficient evidence either way. A good first to 10 or 15 however seems a whole lot more definitive.

Any combination of Chris G, Champ, Yipes and Justin is guaranteed to be amazing.

I for one think that there should be more Bar Fights style events which feature exhibition/money matches that people want to see. A card with 5 or more big MMs and a few undercard matches between lesser knowns/up and comers.

So what are your thoughts?

User Info: soul_assassin23

soul_assassin23
4 years ago#2
I like them both. Money Matches bring back that Marvel 2 hype, which everyone loves. But if you keep increasing the amount of money matches, then the actual tournament will most likely lose its impact. That's why I think there needs to be a good balance of both. Having a few marquee exhibitions or money matches is like the icing on the cake.

User Info: Swagnet0

Swagnet0
4 years ago#3
No, there were too many of these at SB:A and I just didn't care after a while. Chris vs Champ, okay. Chris vs Frutsy...okay. CJ vs Andre was lol. Everything beyond that just was watered down and an artificial attempt at building hype.
| Complete and utter control over the electroswagnetic spectrum. |
| http://i.imgur.com/lz3K1.png |
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Exhibition/Money matches.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Cowz > Chris GTruthAndJustice134/17 3:26PM