The Crappy Player Thread, Ver. 4

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. The Crappy Player Thread, Ver. 4

User Info: catkiller904

catkiller904
4 years ago#121
Stronger?! YOU'RE PLAYING DERPIER!

So yeah, online stronger, I guess. It's only a matter of time before you derp your way down to Cap, Wolverine, Hulk, or Haggar.
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://oi47.tinypic.com/xpd6x2.jpg

User Info: Neowulf13

Neowulf13
4 years ago#122
DreamSword posted...
Wesker's' command grab is a great tool that I really need to learn how to use more often. I've seen the L version used the most, you you might wanna learn how to combo off of that one. It's just Dash > cr.MH if I recall right.

Isn't the H version the fastest though? Actually, now that I think about it, L version keeps the wallbounce for the combo afterwards.

catkiller904 posted...

Spencer combos depend on assists, but in general, zip loop is what you want. Youtube it. I think Wind got the notations right. Also, IIRC, it doesn't work on Sentinel, so make sure you remember that. There's some stuff I just posted here too: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/65263164

All right then, thanks. And thanks to Wind as well.
I was mostly looking for a BnB to learn, just to start off. Then maybe learn how to get more up-grapples in corner combos. I have Drones assist and maybe Samurai Edge, if Wesker survives.
UMvC3: Team "Red Zone" : Joe/Hawkeye/Doom
^_^

User Info: KajinNinja

KajinNinja
4 years ago#123
Neowulf13 posted...
DreamSword posted...
Wesker's' command grab is a great tool that I really need to learn how to use more often. I've seen the L version used the most, you you might wanna learn how to combo off of that one. It's just Dash > cr.MH if I recall right.

Isn't the H version the fastest though? Actually, now that I think about it, L version keeps the wallbounce for the combo afterwards.

All of Weskers command grabs are 1 frame... freaking cheapass Wesker.
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <ViewtifulJoe/Assist/Anchor>

Neowulf13
4 years ago#124
KajinNinja posted...
All of Weskers command grabs are 1 frame... freaking cheapass Wesker.

Huh, didn't know that. I might have mixed it up with Felicia's or Haggar's command grabs. Those, I think, are different speeds.
^_^

User Info: JustaJones

JustaJones
4 years ago#125
Likewise even though you took me for a ride as if we was in prison lol. That game where your strider was just juggling my IF while hitting hawkeye had my jaw on the floor. I may go for skrull combo but Orbital Grudge did kinda spoil but i guess greyhound can do the job, but I will still try to mess around with hawkeye AA assist and I need to upgrade my Hawkeye game. I will have my revenge!
Psn: Jamel11207 UMVC - Bruce Lee Roy/Piccolo/Flamboyant Robin Hood

User Info: zombie13579

zombie13579
4 years ago#126
DreamSword posted...

And as a random side note, I recently learned how to convert off of front throws with Doom! The timing is still a little tricky for me, but it's pretty simple really.

It's just two tri dashes and a s.M

It's not that the timing is strict, it's just the stupid tri dashes!
PSN: zombie13579 and NsB-Z0MB1E
Playing: UMvC3, LBP series, League of Legends, L4D2

User Info: catkiller904

catkiller904
4 years ago#127
I put some combo stuff in that thread, you could check that out. I think I mention how to extend with Drones as well. Eventually you want to learn zip loops, because the meter build and corner carry are beautiful. As for Wesker, call him > s.S > TK qcf.H~L. Simple. You'll wanna do that fairly early or the TK grapple won't hit, though I think gunshot pops them high enough that a raw qcf.H~L will work. Just kinda mess around to see which order is most optimal. Generally, if you plan on doing Bionic Bomber > s.MHS > blah, it has to be done early; diagonal zips always work; most things work after a full zip loop, but not, IIRC, j.S > zip forward > zip down-forward > grapple.
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://oi47.tinypic.com/xpd6x2.jpg

User Info: DreamSword

DreamSword
4 years ago#128
JustaJones posted...
Likewise even though you took me for a ride as if we was in prison lol. That game where your strider was just juggling my IF while hitting hawkeye had my jaw on the floor. I may go for skrull combo but Orbital Grudge did kinda spoil but i guess greyhound can do the job, but I will still try to mess around with hawkeye AA assist and I need to upgrade my Hawkeye game. I will have my revenge!

Yeah, don't call an assist on Strider if he's got 3 bars. I look forward to the day where we can have an epic set!

zombie13579 posted...
DreamSword posted...

And as a random side note, I recently learned how to convert off of front throws with Doom! The timing is still a little tricky for me, but it's pretty simple really.

I found it simpler just to dash forward and then do a tridash.
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
UMvC3 Dream Team: http://i.imgur.com/9tgWm.jpg

User Info: KajinNinja

KajinNinja
4 years ago#129
zombie13579 posted...
DreamSword posted...

Err... make your life easier and do a forward dash and a tri-dash. More distance covered.

Wow i got ninja'd... again.
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <ViewtifulJoe/Assist/Anchor>

Neowulf13
4 years ago#130
catkiller904 posted...
I put some combo stuff in that thread, you could check that out. I think I mention how to extend with Drones as well. Eventually you want to learn zip loops, because the meter build and corner carry are beautiful. As for Wesker, call him > s.S > TK qcf.H~L. Simple. You'll wanna do that fairly early or the TK grapple won't hit, though I think gunshot pops them high enough that a raw qcf.H~L will work. Just kinda mess around to see which order is most optimal. Generally, if you plan on doing Bionic Bomber > s.MHS > blah, it has to be done early; diagonal zips always work; most things work after a full zip loop, but not, IIRC, j.S > zip forward > zip down-forward > grapple.

All right, thanks man. I'll definitely practice all this when I get the chance.
^_^
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. The Crappy Player Thread, Ver. 4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived