Mental stress is deterring my gameplay

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Mental stress is deterring my gameplay

User Info: Zekira

Zekira
4 years ago#1
Some of you guys here already know my team, and how awfully mentally stressful it can be to use properly and be able to take out top teams.

After a few tournaments and long casual sessions, I've noticed a lot that after a few hours or so, my gameplay just starts to go downhill; I make the worst decisions ever, etc. And it's mainly because my brain is extremely fried by that point and I end up unintentionally showing why my characters are crap.

How do you guys deal with such? To be fair I also experience this weakness in some other video games (Pokemon and Pop'n Music in particular), but it's extremely noticeable here in Marvel since I turn from one of the best in my shop to being the worst player in the shop in just a short moment.
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.

Zekira
4 years ago#2
I just realized I didn't title the topic properly. It's supposed to be "Mental exhaustion over playtime is deterring my gameplay"
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.

User Info: AegisIkana

AegisIkana
4 years ago#3
Yeah, my Morrigan gameplay total derps out depending on how much my mind is in good health. I know that feel bro. :/
PSN: TheVeldt;; Rethinking my playstyle in UMVC3.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

Zekira
4 years ago#4
I just wish there was a way to completely remedy this, but alas fatigue is usually my problem when doing almost anything =_=;

User Info: Karsticles

Karsticles
4 years ago#5
I never really have this problem unless the opponent is boring me.
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra

User Info: AegisIkana

AegisIkana
4 years ago#6
Zekira posted...
I just wish there was a way to completely remedy this, but alas fatigue is usually my problem when doing almost anything =_=;

Work out. Eat healthy.
PSN: TheVeldt;; Rethinking my playstyle in UMVC3.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

User Info: JakeTheSn8ke

JakeTheSn8ke
4 years ago#7
I usually take day long breaks from the game when that happens. I usually will think of ideas and solutions and my mistakes from my past games.

If I go back to playing, I stay in the lab for a cool minute. Those times when your getting mentally exhausted (and aggravated) just lead into more mistakes. Just walk away do something else IMO =\
R.I.P FFA

Zekira
4 years ago#8
Just walk away do something else IMO =\

Yeah I do that too, but during tourneys and stuff like that sometimes the matches just come too quickly and stuff.

Right now what I do to somehow reduce it is by bringing along around 4 bottles of 1.5L water with me, and some candy.

Zekira
4 years ago#9
AegisIkana posted...
Zekira posted...

Work out. Eat healthy.

No duh lol I've been working out recently actually.

User Info: Kawasakinin

Kawasakinin
4 years ago#10
take a break before each opponent and take a break every round even if you feel fine just to delay the fatigue
CanJS PK psn: kawasakinin http://www.youtube.com/user/kawasakinin
Taskmaster Dante Deadpool http://www.twitch.tv/kawasakinin
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Mental stress is deterring my gameplay

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived