Will you be able to upgrade weapons kind of like in Diablo?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Will you be able to upgrade weapons kind of like in Diablo?

User Info: aaroncort

aaroncort
4 years ago#1
What I mean is that in Diablo some weapons had slots that you could install gems into which increased the weapons stats.

This is one thing that I felt was missing from the first borderlands. Have they talked about implementing this in the sequel?

I did a quick search but nothing came up.

User Info: boktai3

boktai3
4 years ago#2
aaroncort posted...
What I mean is that in Diablo some weapons had slots that you could install gems into which increased the weapons stats.

This is one thing that I felt was missing from the first borderlands. Have they talked about implementing this in the sequel?

that's e-tech in this game, it is used to vastly change how a weapon work. its not minor like in diablo where its +10dmg or something, it turns a a siper into a rail gun, and so on.
http://mm-hk.com/referral/02b0ef07cb9c99074e79ae21b1b74d4f0da4e4e7
come have some fun.

aaroncort
4 years ago#3
boktai3 posted...
aaroncort posted...

that's e-tech in this game, it is used to vastly change how a weapon work. its not minor like in diablo where its +10dmg or something, it turns a a siper into a rail gun, and so on.

oh sweet jesus that's good news. I love saving up upgrade items for that special rare weapon that might drop at any moment. Thanks for the info. I can't wait til the 18th

User Info: Arc1med5

Arc1med5
4 years ago#4
Sorry to burst your bubble. E-tech weapons are found not made or upgraded as the case may be. E-tech weapons even have there own color rarity. Watch the 2 hour livestream, they show one in that video towards the end.

aaroncort
4 years ago#5
Arc1med5 posted...
Sorry to burst your bubble. E-tech weapons are found not made or upgraded as the case may be. E-tech weapons even have there own color rarity. Watch the 2 hour livestream, they show one in that video towards the end.

Well poop, I wonder if there's a reason for it. Perhaps there's just too many ways to break the system if guns allowed for extra player modding. Oh well.
Steam: Avant_Tarde

User Info: The Onion

The Onion
4 years ago#6
Arc1med5 posted...
link to this live stream?

User Info: Urserper

Urserper
4 years ago#7
The Onion posted...
Arc1med5 posted...
link to this live stream?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/ign-live-presents-borderlands-2
"Two grand slams in a week - man, that's seven or eight ribbies right there." - Bill Madlock

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 years ago#8
Arc1med5 posted...

Anthony Burch (I think that is his name) said that you could upgrade weapons and gave a few examples in an interview from a while back. Sounds like you can upgrade into E-tech and find it.

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
4 years ago#9
E-tech talk in this vid. I still don't get how it works or why I want my sniper rifle to shoot lasers. I think it's late in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm10JA9iKIk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
#1 at absolutely nothing!
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Will you be able to upgrade weapons kind of like in Diablo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived