Do rare items have a higher chance to drop during the initial boss battle?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Do rare items have a higher chance to drop during the initial boss battle?

User Info: ryan0991

ryan0991
5 years ago#1
As opposed to any subsequent runs of that boss?

I did about 120 runs before I finally got a Conference Call, but then just now when I fought him as Zer0 (the initial battle to finish play-through 1) and I received a level 30 Conference Call. I've noticed a few other people claim that they had Conference Call drop on their initial battle (play-through 1 or 2) with The Warrior too.

Is this just probability trolling me (probably) or is there something else going on here?
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.

User Info: korruptid239

korruptid239
5 years ago#2
I got a legendary shotgun my first kill as well, wasn't the CC is was the rakkblaster or whatever its called.

User Info: MoxRavager

MoxRavager
5 years ago#3
I definitely believe it applies to The Warrior when his head asplodes.

I got the Flakker the first fight against him.
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage

User Info: mulletmann21

mulletmann21
5 years ago#4
On my very first run through for my Commando (he was probably level 5 or 6 at the time) Boom Bewm dropped Bonus Package right away.
GT : Brutal Warstorm
Playing : Borderlands 2, LoL

User Info: ryan0991

ryan0991
5 years ago#5
Maybe there is some truth to this...
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.

User Info: The_High

The_High
5 years ago#6
Either that or it's just a MASSIVE coincidence.

I got several of the rare weapons on my first playthrough, now I get nothing unless I go out of my way to farm for what feels like way too long.
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates

User Info: ZosKiaCultus

ZosKiaCultus
5 years ago#7
I got an orange my first fight against the warrior, as well. Haven't seen one since on this character.
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided

User Info: EiyuJPN

EiyuJPN
5 years ago#8
went all the way up to PT2 without a single orange sighting then I beat the warrior and got CC on the first try.

Farmed him forever afterwards and never got a single orange since...
360 Tag: Eiyu
JPSN : Higeki-hero

User Info: Icefrio

Icefrio
5 years ago#9
Yeah I'm pretty sure the rarity of the loot is higher the first time you kill the boss. At least for the warrior.

First time I killed him, An Impaler AND a bonus package. Course, having just gotten a Volcano right before that from Saturn, I still thought Oranges were relatively common, like in BL1. Played all the way through PT2, no oranges until I killed the warrior again. Another Volcano.

Had I known a 6k*9 homing sticky bonus package would basically never spawn again, I would have never sold it. But silly me thought Gearbox wouldn't throttle the Orange drop rate, so I sold it assuming I could find an appropriately leveled one later.

Not without hours of killing the same dude over and over, I guess. Haven't really picked up the game since I learned that and finished all the side quests.
walulegion.blogspot.com
Tons of fun awaits.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Do rare items have a higher chance to drop during the initial boss battle?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived