Is roid damage worth it for the assassin?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Is roid damage worth it for the assassin?

User Info: Merritttype

Merritttype
5 years ago#1
I haven't tried it yet. I'm a fan of not dying, so I've been staying away from them, but it'd be cool to know if it's a game-changer. So anyone use them?

User Info: iAmTheTot

iAmTheTot
5 years ago#2
Also curious. Don't have a Zero yet but every time I see one I think they were made for him.
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - Any platform, any genre! Love games? So do we.

User Info: Finixsoft

Finixsoft
5 years ago#3
I think there is a shield made specifically for I think but I don't know which one it is.
If you don't feed a troll attention eventually it starves to death. Forgive my spelling. Fat fingers, small phone.

User Info: bcon1208

bcon1208
5 years ago#4
Love Thumper. Recharge delay is like 2 minutes I think. Yes they're are very worth it as long as you have the skill that gives you health as you go.
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"

User Info: Merritttype

Merritttype
5 years ago#5
Yes, there is a whole line of shields that give roid damage to your melee attacks when they are depleted. The question is if it's a very noticeable difference. I'm just about to be off to work, so I'll test it tonight if I don't get an answer.

User Info: CharityDiary

CharityDiary
5 years ago#6
Merritttype posted...
Yes, there is a whole line of shields that give roid damage to your melee attacks when they are depleted. The question is if it's a very noticeable difference. I'm just about to be off to work, so I'll test it tonight if I don't get an answer.

I have a level 50 Zer0, spec-ed purely for melee.

I have equipped:

Law (+100% melee damage)
Love Thumper (+melee damage + nova melee damage)
Class Mod (+40% melee damage)
Relic (+20 melee damage)

But still, even with the roid damage, my Executes don't kill most of the enemies. Not worth it, in my opinion.

User Info: Bad_Voice_Over

Bad_Voice_Over
5 years ago#7
It depends, essentially.

Are you a sniper build? If so, then no. Absolutely not. What are you doing? That is silly.

Are you a melee build? Yeah, it probably would help out quite a bit.

Exception being if your non Roid shield is much, much higher capacity. A good defense can sometimes out do a good offense with characters designed to run right into the fray.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Is roid damage worth it for the assassin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived