list the pop culture references...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. list the pop culture references...

User Info: schu44

schu44
5 years ago#31
The Rats, at least the one's in the fridge, scream "I smell delicious" when you kill them with a fire weapon. Is that also an Iron Chef reference.

User Info: ICantNameGud

ICantNameGud
5 years ago#32
CycoMiko138 posted...
The red text on the Law revolver and the Order shield, "De Do" and "De Da", are a reference to the Police song "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v2GDbEmjGE

Uhm..... Pretty sure it's just "Law de da" from nothing......

ICantNameGud
5 years ago#33
Everyoe always says the 'you never should have come here' us skyrim, but Borderlands is definitely older than skyrim "YOU NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE AND NOWYOURGONNAPAY" all rushed at the end like that.

Derp Nukem rocket launcher

Shade from the DLC is Raoul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Crytals are a girls best friend challenge is a song 'diamonds...'

Discord and potent as a pony skills and BFF tree from Gaige are My Little Pony references

User Info: Falloutgenuis

Falloutgenuis
5 years ago#34
noose0626 posted...
red text on one weapon that says " i dont want to set the world on fire" reference to a song, its also in another video game, either fallout or bioshock, cant remember which.

That's Fallout 3.
There is also a red text that says "Cause one barrel isn't enough, and two is too few..."
Wub!

User Info: capnovan

capnovan
5 years ago#35
I thought Law had "De Da" and Order "Chung-Gunk" which is a reference to the show Law & Order?
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!

User Info: md22mdrx

md22mdrx
5 years ago#36
Acquitas and Veritas are from Boondock Saints ....

ICantNameGud
5 years ago#37
capnovan posted...
I thought Law had "De Da" and Order "Chung-Gunk" which is a reference to the show Law & Order?

Well I think the order's text and the Law & Order thing are. But La De Da is just like a cultural saying.... In'it?

User Info: BlackWizardMagus

BlackWizardMagus
5 years ago#38
ICantNameGud posted...
capnovan posted...

Well I think the order's text and the Law & Order thing are. But La De Da is just like a cultural saying.... In'it?

That's what I think.
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus

User Info: RINGOUT

RINGOUT
5 years ago#39
Like half of all the spoken on written words in this game are pop culture references.
Gamertag: Smoke a Fat J

User Info: md22mdrx

md22mdrx
5 years ago#40
The whole Bloodwing mission is a nod to Jurassic Park.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. list the pop culture references...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived