Why even have shields?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Why even have shields?

User Info: SyxxPakk6

SyxxPakk6
4 years ago#1
I just started playing a few days ago but annoyed that whenever I play especially online (lvl 25) shields seem completely useless. They go down in 1 shot almost every time. I like challenge but it just seems pointless to even have them.

Is it like this later once you're 50 or is it just because of leveling etc. I have a 22 shield and I'm 25 not like in way behind. Fighting lvl 23-27 enemies.
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks

User Info: Four Skulls

Four Skulls
4 years ago#2
Nope. Even with lvl 50 shields, an enemy can take you down in 3~4 hits in TVHM.

User Info: Shake_Like_E

Shake_Like_E
4 years ago#3
Are you Zero? It seems he takes more damage. With Maya I my shields last several hits.
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23

User Info: xboxBUNZILLA

xboxBUNZILLA
4 years ago#4
its not so bad once you get to 50... and i loled at your battlelog ...

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
4 years ago#5
There are some shields that are initially tanky and give a ton of resist stats (Evolution), shields that give you bullet immunity and absorbsion (Sham) and there are shields that have a recharge delay of >1 seconds (Tediore purples) But if you have The Bee, you should be killing fast enough where your shield isn't a concern.

You want to be playing smarter though compared to the first game. Running into a horde of enemies will get you torn apart. This is a hit and miss bc while some areas this plays out nicely, other parts it's just absolutely disgusting to play through (looking at you Sawtooth Cauldron)
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif

User Info: kiwimyweewee

kiwimyweewee
4 years ago#6
Take the shield off and then find the answer to your question.
They're not going to say no because of the implication.

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
4 years ago#7
Neogenerator. The Sham. Bee.

User Info: SyxxPakk6

SyxxPakk6
4 years ago#8
Playing as Mechromancer and trying to use shot guns as my main weapon but not going well.. I heard Anarchy + Shotgun was crazy damage.

xboxBUNZILLA posted...
its not so bad once you get to 50... and i loled at your battlelog ...

What about the battlelog? I just picked BF3 back up after a couple months off.
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks

User Info: Ravenicus

Ravenicus
4 years ago#9
If you are only lvl 25 and your shots go down in one shot, something is wrong. Either you are powerleveling (playing with people at least 4 levels higher than you), or you are just doing quests at least 4 levels above your level. Closer to level 50, your shields going down in one shot is more common - to increase difficulty. At your level, its just bad playing. You should be able to take at least 4-5 shots up to lvl 40, when difficulty spikes dramatically.
"Thanks for stopping that Lagi, BUT NOW THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THEM AT OUR DOORSTEP!!!!!111!one!!!!" ~ Xine9

User Info: Derailer

Derailer
4 years ago#10
Must be amp shields.

And if you want better shields, take anything Pangolin at the expense of your health. Besides, shields aren't supposed to tank all damage; you still need to exercise a tactical approach when it comes to certain enemies.
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Why even have shields?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived