Best Double Barrel Shotgun?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Best Double Barrel Shotgun?

User Info: SyxxPakk6

SyxxPakk6
4 years ago#1
Looking for a 2 clip / double barrel shotgun w/ quick reload speed.. anyone know if there is a legendary I should be farming for?

Right now I'm just using a blue Jakobs double and quad barrel with decent damage. I'm playing a Shotgun Mechromancer. I prefer the double barrel becuase with the quad I run out of ammo way too quickly and I don't see a big difference in damage.

Also off topic question..

If I have say a double barrel and my trait drops me down to only 1 bullet in the gun does that mean my damage of that gun is cut in half or does the game not account for that?
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks

User Info: FrEshBrEadStiCk

FrEshBrEadStiCk
4 years ago#2
I think the Striker is a double barrel. It has a tight spread pattern too, so its still pretty accurate with low-ish levels of Anarchy.
Speed is relative. Floor it.

User Info: Ray_MK_III

Ray_MK_III
4 years ago#3
Best double barrel would be Sledge's Shotgun, it has the good accuracy of a double barrel but the burst fire basically gives it the pellet count of a quad.

However, if you're running an Anarchy hoarding build on your Mechro, the only shotgun worth using is the Conference Call. The accuracy decrease actually makes it a better weapon.
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
:P

SyxxPakk6
4 years ago#4
I'm not doing a full anarchy build I'm more so going with huge burst damage w/ Interspersed outburst, just for fun. I know its probably not the "Best" build but its fun for how I play. I really need a Mod with + to Blood Soaked Shields and Interspersed Outburst though.. so far no luck.

User Info: Kpt_Kapowski

Kpt_Kapowski
4 years ago#5
FrEshBrEadStiCk posted...
I think the Striker is a double barrel. It has a tight spread pattern too, so its still pretty accurate with low-ish levels of Anarchy.

Striker isnt double barreled.

as for the original question, im gonna go with a Jakobs Coach Gun. more powerful and accurate than Sledges Shotgun, faster reload, and it doesnt burn through ammo as fast.
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
4 years ago#6
I'm not doing a full anarchy build I'm more so going with huge burst damage w/ Interspersed outburst, just for fun. I know its probably not the "Best" build but its fun for how I play. I really need a Mod with + to Blood Soaked Shields and Interspersed Outburst though.. so far no luck.

Such a mod does not exist. What would it do? Give you 200% of your shield upon killing an enemy?

SyxxPakk6
4 years ago#7
No but it could give you +4 etc then only need 1 point to max it..

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
4 years ago#8
Well, either way, it doesn't exist. I guess one could mod such a class mod, but that's another topic.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Class_Mod

If you scroll down all the way to the bottom, you'll find Gaige classmods. None of them give a bonus to Blood Soaked Shields.

There are two types of mods that can give a bonus to Interspersed Outburst though: Technophile and Slayer of Terra
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Best Double Barrel Shotgun?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived