do you have to farm legendaries from specific enemies or will they drop randomly

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. do you have to farm legendaries from specific enemies or will they drop randomly

User Info: Mtpgamer

Mtpgamer
4 years ago#1
im having a heck of a time getting any orange drops....do i literally HAVE to farm specific enemies or are they supposed to drop from bosses and chests?
GT and PSN-kurosawasghost

User Info: InfernalLurker

InfernalLurker
4 years ago#2
Random luck aside, you have to farm specific enemies.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary

Scroll down to Borderlands 2 and look at the "dropped by" to see who drops what.
Leveling up jobs is a means to an end. It isn't content.

User Info: Mtpgamer

Mtpgamer
4 years ago#3
cool thanks, is it even possible to get orange drops through normal play?
GT and PSN-kurosawasghost

User Info: Tsuruke

Tsuruke
4 years ago#4
Mtpgamer posted...
im having a heck of a time getting any orange drops....do i literally HAVE to farm specific enemies or are they supposed to drop from bosses and chests?

This should answer your question perfectly
http://i49.tinypic.com/b832g3.jpg

Mtpgamer posted...
cool thanks, is it even possible to get orange drops through normal play?

Yes, I can confirm through experience.
Playthrough 1 with Mechromancer, Knuckledragger dropped a Legendary Weapon (pistol to be exact in what kind of weapon) for me.
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
4 years ago#5
You can get legendary weapons from normal play. Farming is an option. Save it for a last resort if it's not yore idea of fun.
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8

User Info: danktank621

danktank621
4 years ago#6
Yea I found an orange shield in a random chest, the cradle, really early on though only like level 8 or something. Still sitting in my bank, for some reason I'm having difficulty selling the only orange I've ever found

User Info: HughJorgenn

HughJorgenn
4 years ago#7
danktank621 posted...
Yea I found an orange shield in a random chest, the cradle, really early on though only like level 8 or something. Still sitting in my bank, for some reason I'm having difficulty selling the only orange I've ever found

I keep the low level oranges as a starter kit for new characters. You just have to get someone to invite you to Sanctuary so you can get in your shared stash.

User Info: Tsuruke

Tsuruke
4 years ago#8
danktank621 posted...

You just defined the difference between a person that acquired a legendary item/weapon legitimately, and a duper (willing to sell weaker legendary item/weapons with no remorse).
[Granted there are certain scenarios and different personality types that might not fit between the two -- gray areas, so to speak -- but that is the black and white of it]

I felt the same exact way of my Level 8 Infinity until I did the side-quests after completing TVHM to scale the quests to my level. Still never parted with it, I stuck it in Claptrap's Secret Stash so every time I create a new character I have that to fall back to.
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.

User Info: C_Aureus

C_Aureus
4 years ago#9
I got the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot from one of the red chests after you fight Terramorphous.
Pax Per Bellum
GT: IM a JACKAL

User Info: lee_

lee_
4 years ago#10
I found a Trick Shot Maggie from the Treasure room, one of my favorite guns to use now.
Xbox Live GT: Swansfan4
Butt Stallion says hello
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. do you have to farm legendaries from specific enemies or will they drop randomly

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived