Best bet for an infinity other than mercy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Best bet for an infinity other than mercy?

User Info: Argyle_Gargoyle

Argyle_Gargoyle
4 years ago#11
without the DLC, mercy is the best bet. there is always the tiny possibility of finding it in a chest or at a vendor, but its really small.

if you are planning to get the DLC at the cap raise, it may be worth while to grab one now if you really want to try for one.

that would still leave you 3 DLCs to level up with, but give you a raid boss or 2 with random loot pools to farm now.

if you do this, i recommend torgue. pete is the best boss to farm for random stuff as his loot pool is well varied and he drops frequently. (plus hes fun)

i recently did torgue with a full level 50 and it was a ton of fun. even at the cap

just a thought. i know you want to save the DLC, but getting one now probably wouldnt affect your ability to max out using the others when the cap increase comes.

honestly, since we dont know exactly how the new level cap will be implemented, it may not be worth while to save them anyways.

they could do something like reset quests or add a PT3 or something like that.
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!

User Info: oXBornToKillXo

oXBornToKillXo
4 years ago#12
Legendary weapons will not be useless after they raise the level cap. That would be one the dumbest things Gearbox could do to ruin this game even more. You will be able to level up your legendary gear.

User Info: Argyle_Gargoyle

Argyle_Gargoyle
4 years ago#13
oXBornToKillXo posted...
Legendary weapons will not be useless after they raise the level cap. That would be one the dumbest things Gearbox could do to ruin this game even more. You will be able to level up your legendary gear.

pure speculation. as much as i would like to be able to do that, until there is a confirmation from GBX, you cant just say "oh, you will be able to level up your gear".

it is a good idea, but until gearbox tells us its going to happen it is nothing more than a good idea
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!

User Info: kiwimyweewee

kiwimyweewee
4 years ago#14
oXBornToKillXo posted...

If I was a gambling man my money would be on that people are going to have to find the new gear by whatever means the choose.
They're not going to say no because of the implication.

User Info: Kamden_T

Kamden_T
4 years ago#15
KaBoom1322 posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
Without DLC's you can only get one from Doc Mercy

I got a lv 15 one from a red chest.I will have a break from farming mercy and hope for one somewhere else however unlikely it may be:(

I found a level 9 in a red chest as well and it took me about a week straight of farming for 2-3 hours a day to finally get a level 50(this was before Pete) Now I usually see one once a week if not more from Pete.

User Info: MosebysRangers

MosebysRangers
4 years ago#16
KaBoom1322 posted...
Farmed him for 30 hours nearly and nothing.I don't have the dlc as i am waiting for the lv cap raise.Are there any other good places where people got their infinity?

Friends.

User Info: iAmTheTot

iAmTheTot
4 years ago#17
Farmed him for 30 hours nearly and nothing.I don't have the dlc as i am waiting for the lv cap raise.Are there any other good places where people got their infinity?

Am I really the only one willing to call this out? I hate to be that guy, but yeah.
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.

User Info: MosebysRangers

MosebysRangers
4 years ago#18
Unpure_Euphoria posted...

Am I really the only one willing to call this out? I hate to be that guy, but yeah.

Actually I've done that side quest only a few times even though I have played 4 characters seriously with the the 4th being a co-op only campaign with a I Live friend where we generated characters same time and no soloing on them other inverntory management, slot machines or vendor buying at last save.

So when we did this sidequest recently with Doc Mercy we got lucky and he dropped an Infinity. It was level 7 and we were in our 20's at the time. We laughed but at least I have gotten one via normal gameplay. Stored and when I do another new run through at least it will be there.

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 years ago#19
KaBoom1322 posted...

Just so you know the infinity has a 1/1000 chance of dropping
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!

User Info: ResidentGerts

ResidentGerts
4 years ago#20
oXBornToKillXo posted...

That's what ruined the first game for me. I had tons of great stuff that I farmed from Crawmerax, and then they decided to raise the cap another eight levels.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Best bet for an infinity other than mercy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived