An incremental drop chance for bosses would be awesome

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. An incremental drop chance for bosses would be awesome

User Info: illbzo1

4 years ago#1
Say Bunker has a 1% chance to drop either the B****, the Sham or a rare head. I'd like a system where if you kill him once, and none of these items drop, his chance for all three is now raised to 2%. If you kill him again and nothing drops, it goes to 3%.

This drop rate could reset if you kill another enemy with a specific loot table (IE killing one of the loaders in Bunker's fight wouldn't reset it, but leaving and killing Doc Mercy would) and it would still keep rare items rare and make farming less tedious.

I'm not saying every drop table increases by 1% per unsuccessful kill. If Doc Mercy's drop rate is 0.027%, it should increase to 0.054%, then to 0.081% and so on.

I'm pretty sure Gearbox will alter drop rates in the future (the weekend with increased rates for shotguns comes to mind) and I think this would be a good way of doing it. Thoughts?
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, The Cave, Paper Mario: Sticker Star

User Info: SuprSaiyanRockr

4 years ago#2
It would make farming more viable. I'm all for it.
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.

User Info: xHuckleberry

4 years ago#3
I still think they just mess with us sometimes. Lower them here, raise them there. I mean sometimes i will literally go days without a drop then for some reason i get 5 nade mods and 3 shields in a few hours.

Id love to see a change in rates tho. Cause when youre farming specifics, these raise are terrible.

User Info: Guitarshredderz

4 years ago#4
Hmm that is possible since there is always a message saying downloading content for a few seconds. Still thats a pretty good idea, increasing the chances after each kill.
Gt: GuitarShredderz

User Info: resealable

4 years ago#5
What about the over all fight? Say if you go and do the bore glitch or use the smasher. Instant kill = no effort so the chance decreases. A legit fight causes it to increase based on the average rarity of your overall weapons. Think that could work?
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.

User Info: BigSai29

4 years ago#6
NO Rare is Rare. It won't feel special until the 494th kill some time in the spring of 2014.

User Info: Flow_149

4 years ago#7
I think they should patch the exploits instead of doing that.
I can just see legit players some how getting screwed over by that if implemented.

User Info: SlumberMind

4 years ago#8
Been farming BNK-3R for heads went in with $600,000 by the time he dropped a legendary (The Sham) I was sitting on $20,000,000.
Still not seen a head drop tho...

User Info: pweidman

4 years ago#9
Great idea tc. I've always thought some sort of magic find stacks for kills would be cool. ala D3. I think this sounds better but they'd still need some way of showing the increase in the UI imo. Exploits crunched too. Something like this could come with the cap increase.

User Info: Panopictonguy

4 years ago#10
I don't get people trying to diminish the longevity of the end game. it takes roughly 50 seconds to kill doc mercy. A little over 1 minute with killing reloading. This doesn't keep rare drops rare given the rate at which you can kill enemies.

This also gives people more reason to focus on a single enemy instead of playing the game as a whole. It's like some of you have never played a loot game before in your lives. The moment you get all the rares you want the loot hunt is over. What are you in such a rush for to end the hunt? This has nothing to do with having a life or lack of time, it's not like this game will cease to exist.

If you get bored and don't wanna play because you can't get rares and stop playing because of this loot games obviously aren't your thing. Increasing drop rates defeats the purpose IMO. Also on a final note.

TL;DR: PLAY HOW YOU WANT. This is just an opinion.
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. An incremental drop chance for bosses would be awesome

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived