is this as addictive as the first game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. is this as addictive as the first game?

User Info: Headneck

Headneck
4 years ago#11
Absolutely not. After beating the first game I would take a break and come back getting sucked back into it for a month or so. After beating this game, I force myself to come back and it only ends up being for a few hours. Still a great game, but it doesn't have that certain something. Whatever that certain something was.
Streets is watchin'

User Info: WolfLinkX

WolfLinkX
4 years ago#12
In my opinion, it is. However unlike in the last game, rocket launchers are more powerful, the character abilities are better, and there are even more guns than in the last game.
However a major downfall to me, is that some of the Seraph bosses, like Master Gee, are almost to hard to even attempt without mods, and the fact that you lose a lot more money when you die in this game. You lose between 2%-20% of your money.
But overall it is as addictive, and has a lot more replay value than the first.
Currently Playing: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Resident Evil 6, and Borderlands 2.
Waiting list: Rainbow Six Patriots

User Info: DesertZero

DesertZero
4 years ago#13
Headneck posted...
Absolutely not. After beating the first game I would take a break and come back getting sucked back into it for a month or so. After beating this game, I force myself to come back and it only ends up being for a few hours. Still a great game, but it doesn't have that certain something. Whatever that certain something was.

Agreed. I had 9 level 69 characters in the first game and I was playing through a 10th before BL2 came out. With this game, I played through 2.5 (with all side quests completed) on two characters, and boosted the other 3 to 36 so that I could run them to 2.5 ASAP.

I found the story to be much more enjoyable in this game, but it's still not worth playing through more than a couple of times. It's the end game that's missing that something for me. That being said, I will retire this game once I've completed DLC4.

User Info: squiggy9996999

squiggy9996999
4 years ago#14
it feels like the same game as the first one just new/a few improvements.

if you liked BD1 you'll like 2 but won;t be blown away (this one feels a bit less repetitive than the first one but also shorter for some reason.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. is this as addictive as the first game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived