My name is 8luedevil and I am a "casual"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. My name is 8luedevil and I am a "casual"

User Info: 8luedevil

8luedevil
3 years ago#21
Steve0314 posted...
8luedevil posted...
I used to think the term "casual" was an insult but as I took a look at my life and saw that I have a wife, kids, a job and a life that JUST happened to involve "casually" playing video games like Borderlands 2 that I realized that I may have a problem.

If anyone else just "casually" plays this game, please post here. I could use the support...

I don't really want to lose my wife, kids and normal life but I am afraid if I want to stop being a "casual" I may have to do so. After all I think that is step three in recovery from being a "casual".

I too am a casual that suffers from this disease known as "a life". I hear some Scientists in Germany are working on a cure but until then I go to regular treatments... These treatments include playing borderlands for more than 1 hour at a time and regularly putting off due dates along with family... Soon my friend we will join the elite gamers... Soon... soon.

I must join this treatment program! Thank you for the heads up Steve. We all need to stick together to beat this disease of casualness.
I have been listening but I don't think it is helping.

User Info: KaBoom1322

KaBoom1322
3 years ago#22
lol.
You are not entitled to anything in this game.

User Info: Traziel

Traziel
3 years ago#23
2 cents.

This game doesn't require enough skill to even allow the term "casual" to be used in the context people use it for on this board.

A fighting game. A competitive multiplayer fps. A racing game. Things that require a certain amount of dexterity and know-how. But saying a borderlands player is casual is like saying a tic tac toe player is casual. It's just ... unnecessary. Lol.
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4

8luedevil
3 years ago#24
Traziel posted...
2 cents.

This game doesn't require enough skill to even allow the term "casual" to be used in the context people use it for on this board.

A fighting game. A competitive multiplayer fps. A racing game. Things that require a certain amount of dexterity and know-how. But saying a borderlands player is casual is like saying a tic tac toe player is casual. It's just ... unnecessary. Lol.

I think you are correct but I am still confused that the term is still, often thrown around slanderously on this board;-)

8luedevil
3 years ago#25
I am sorry everyone but I should have thought of this before I posted this topic...

There is an easy way to stop being a "casual" and I will share it with you all. This morning I got up and wanted to play some Borderlands 2 so I simply went out and bought a tuxedo. Sure it took me a few hours to be fitted and some cash to rush getting it tailored but as I am now sitting down to play, in a cummerbund, bow tie and tails I finally feel I am not just a casual gamer.

I feel much better about myself for not casually playing this game,

KaBoom1322
3 years ago#26
A failed,desperate attempt at humour.

User Info: Rings

Rings
3 years ago#27
8luedevil posted...
I am sorry everyone but I should have thought of this before I posted this topic...

There is an easy way to stop being a "casual" and I will share it with you all. This morning I got up and wanted to play some Borderlands 2 so I simply went out and bought a tuxedo. Sure it took me a few hours to be fitted and some cash to rush getting it tailored but as I am now sitting down to play, in a cummerbund, bow tie and tails I finally feel I am not just a casual gamer.

I feel much better about myself for not casually playing this game,

Someone snapped a pic of you...

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/photo/boy-in-tuxedo-playing-pocket-video-game-high-res-stock-photography/EC6894-001?Language=en-US
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.

User Info: xboxBUNZILLA

xboxBUNZILLA
3 years ago#28
KaBoom1322 posted...
A failed,desperate attempt at humour.

I'm pretty sure kpts wife, whom he called a casual himself, has a higher bar than you...
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..

KaBoom1322
3 years ago#29
No relevance to my post.Stop trying to start arguments you attention seeking whore.

User Info: xboxBUNZILLA

xboxBUNZILLA
3 years ago#30
KaBoom1322 posted...
No relevance to my post.Stop trying to start arguments you attention seeking whore.

There isn't any argument that needs to be started, you lose.
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. My name is 8luedevil and I am a "casual"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived