Unlucky or drop rate reduced.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Unlucky or drop rate reduced.

User Info: volkov123

volkov123
4 years ago#1
I have killed Hunter Hellquist and Madame Von Bartleby like 30 times each after hitting 50. I haven't seen 1 legendary drop. Did they reduce drop rate of the bee and baby maker?

It's getting a little frustrating. So far, it has been all greens and 1 blue grenade.

User Info: illbzo1

illbzo1
4 years ago#2
Unlikely. Random number generator is random.
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Link's Awakening DX

User Info: MrImpatient35

MrImpatient35
4 years ago#3
Actually, I was MUCH luckier to get a legendary from Mad Dog in Lynchwood than Madame. The Baby Maker I think it was. I got like...3 from him. Same thing happened to me with Hunter though. I killed him so many times, and got nothing, so I just LFed the Bee.
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.

User Info: volkov123

volkov123
4 years ago#4
Thanks. I guess it'll keep grinding. I have also tried Dr. Mercy for the infinity about 20 times with no luck. I will throw mad dog into my rotation as well.

User Info: MystearicaGrant

MystearicaGrant
4 years ago#5
30 times isn't exactly a lot. In fact, it's about one third what I had to do for each of those drops. I had to do about 90-120 kills for my first Bee and Baby Maker.

Now, if this were, say, the HellFire or such, something with a higher drop rate, then this would seem unlucky. Based on my own track record, and those of people I have spoken with, The Bee and the Baby Maker seem to be around 1% or 2% drop rate, while the HellFire seems closer to 4% or 5%.

Between Hellquist for The Bee and Madam Von whatever for Baby Maker, Hellquist is easier to farm, since it's a much shorter distance to get to him, and you can Catch-a-Ride to make it even faster.

Simply, Not Unlucky, Drop Rate is Normal, you just have not gotten Lucky.
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!

User Info: MrImpatient35

MrImpatient35
4 years ago#6
MystearicaGrant posted...
30 times isn't exactly a lot. In fact, it's about one third what I had to do for each of those drops. I had to do about 90-120 kills for my first Bee and Baby Maker.

Now, if this were, say, the HellFire or such, something with a higher drop rate, then this would seem unlucky. Based on my own track record, and those of people I have spoken with, The Bee and the Baby Maker seem to be around 1% or 2% drop rate, while the HellFire seems closer to 4% or 5%.

Between Hellquist for The Bee and Madam Von whatever for Baby Maker, Hellquist is easier to farm, since it's a much shorter distance to get to him, and you can Catch-a-Ride to make it even faster.

Simply, Not Unlucky, Drop Rate is Normal, you just have not gotten Lucky.

I got both the Hellfire and Baby maker really quickly. A lot less than 30 kills. Maybe 15. Mad Dog seems to drop it way more than madame.
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.

User Info: JustinTheJagged

JustinTheJagged
4 years ago#7
It seems really random sometimes. When I was farming for a neogenator I had the first one drop in under 5 kills, but then it took almost 60 for the second one to drop. And at least a few hundred more before he finally dropped a level 50 one.
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.

User Info: VampLordAdamaru

VampLordAdamaru
4 years ago#8
I actually had a Hellfire drop on a PT1 Scorch the first time. I haven't really seen one since, though, admittedly, I haven't exactly farmed for one. Still, first kill is awesome, and it is good for a low-level character (I think it's a level 8 or 9).
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Unlucky or drop rate reduced.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived