So... is it cool to not spend your BA tokens or something?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. So... is it cool to not spend your BA tokens or something?

User Info: WretchedOwl

WretchedOwl
4 years ago#1
Every time I watch a video they always scroll over to the last column and have a ridiculous number of unspent tokens.

Is there some magic secret as to why you don't spend them? Just curious.

And thats right, Storm. I just watched your video.
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls

User Info: xboxBUNZILLA

xboxBUNZILLA
4 years ago#2
Bar is a crutch, you didn't know??
word to the wise, turn off your BAR before you dashboard. :)
BayouJoe posted... Cool, I found the duct tape, no more interruptions from the young uns.

WretchedOwl
4 years ago#3
That would take away like half of the fun of the game in my opinion. I never bothered with the challenges in BL1 cause they didn't do anything. Now that they give bonus stats, I actually actively pursue them.
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.

User Info: Phara0hMan

Phara0hMan
4 years ago#4
WretchedOwl posted...
That would take away like half of the fun of the game in my opinion. I never bothered with the challenges in BL1 cause they didn't do anything. Now that they give bonus stats, I actually actively pursue them.

The challenges in BL1 gave you great XP if you went after them as early as possible. I usually wound up severely over leveled because of grinding them out early. As a bonus, you were jacking up proficiencies in the process.
NP: Borderlands 2 (Lv. 61 Siren), Injustice (Sinestro, Bane, Green Arrow, Flash).

User Info: Pvt-Spoon

Pvt-Spoon
4 years ago#5
Uberness ?
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.

User Info: danishjuggler21

danishjuggler21
4 years ago#6
I spend them, and I'm the coolest guy that plays this game. You got an umbrella? Cause it's raining cold hard facts up in here!
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21

User Info: terabient

terabient
4 years ago#7
If you're doing videos showing off a build it's best to turn off BAR to remove any bonuses that might skew the results. Basically it shows that the build/equipment doesn't need an outside buff to be effective.

Also some stats can be detrimental to you. A shorter shield recharge delay is harmful if you're running a melee build, having a lot of health makes the health gate mechanic less useful, etc.
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana

WretchedOwl
4 years ago#8
terabient posted...
If you're doing videos showing off a build it's best to turn off BAR to remove any bonuses that might skew the results. Basically it shows that the build/equipment doesn't need an outside buff to be effective.

Also some stats can be detrimental to you. A shorter shield recharge delay is harmful if you're running a melee build, having a lot of health makes the health gate mechanic less useful, etc.

I suppose so, but you can just not take those stats very high. As long as they're at least 4% you won't get the freezing glitch. And what's 4% on a shield that has like a 5 sec delay? Nothing. Barely makes a difference. And I get the health gate thing I guess, but that's hardly worth passing up an endless percentage of gun damage, crit damage, recoil reduction, fire rate, reload speed, etc. I guess its just my opinion.

And the videos I'm talking about didn't have the stats turned off, I'm talking like 200+ unspent tokens.

User Info: tony8669

tony8669
4 years ago#9
Since you can just turn the bonuses off (should you want to, like for testing DPS on a build), there's really no reason to NOT spend them.

Smoke em if you got em.

WretchedOwl
4 years ago#10
tony8669 posted...
Since you can just turn the bonuses off (should you want to, like for testing DPS on a build), there's really no reason to NOT spend them.

Smoke em if you got em.

precisely my point, which is why I made this thread.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. So... is it cool to not spend your BA tokens or something?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived