Drop rates boosted?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Drop rates boosted?

User Info: PTP2009

PTP2009
3 years ago#1
I just got up to Level 5 of the "Nothing Rhymes With Orange..." challenge by just playing the first two playthroughs normally. Got 5 oranges from loot midgets in TVHM, including 3 from the infamous room in WEP. Got a bonus package in both playthroughs, then went to farm one at lvl 50 and got one the first time, but it was rubberized, so I tried again and got a longbow sticky 2 runs later.

Compare this to like, 5 total in 8 previous playthroughs.

IBCoolStoryBro

User Info: illbzo1

illbzo1
3 years ago#2
Seems like they have been to me.

A chubby stalker dropped an explosive Bunny for me in UVHM the other day, then Scorch gave up a level 60 Hellfire after 8 tries or so. And today I found a level 14 Sticky Fire Leech grenade mod in the vending machine in Marcus' store, while playing my level 19 assassin.

I don't think that last one really counts, but it's the first legendary I've seen in a vending machine.

Cool story bro!
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers

User Info: monster138

monster138
3 years ago#3
My lvl 25 siren already has gotten 8 legendary's to drop. 5 from BA's in the WEP.
As apposed to my commando who got nothing PT1 and 2 in tvhm.
Kinda nice
"it doesn't mean I'm not sick of this damned war;
the mud, the noise, .....the.....the endless poetry!" ------ Lord Flashheart

User Info: packman1010

packman1010
3 years ago#4
I was having trouble with my normal PT assassin, so I went to farm a Maggie on my siren for him. Zaford dropped it second try.
Won't change this sig until the next time I change it
4/15/2011

User Info: DRCEQ

DRCEQ
3 years ago#5
It might explain why I got two Pearls within the same hour yesterday.
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!

User Info: ROFLMEOW

ROFLMEOW
3 years ago#6
I don't know about enemy drop rates, but chests have been much better to me lately. Just now, I got a Sawbar (pearl!) and a Deliverance in one run at the Leviathan treasure chamber. In a few previous runs, I got a Rolling Thunder, two Invaders, a White Death, and Sledge's Shotgun. Two weeks ago, I got maybe one orange out of every six or seven runs. Now I'm seeing one in nearly every run.
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"

User Info: Jkickit

Jkickit
3 years ago#7
If only more oranges dropped from the invincibles, I love killing those SOBs.
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/MW2

User Info: Lawlfulcoptors1

Lawlfulcoptors1
3 years ago#8
I got a level 50 bee in about 20 tries from hellquist. An also an orange corrosive grenade mod from that boss, that comes down the elevator? First try.

User Info: CaptainWolf

CaptainWolf
3 years ago#9
I got a Hellfire from Scorch(first try), an Emperor from a LLM and a Maggie from a chest just a couple days ago, and I've found maybe three Legendaries in my entire play-time pre-UVHM.
So yeah, I'd say they've improved. That, or "random is random".
Let's fly to the castle!
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84

User Info: shnangyboos

shnangyboos
3 years ago#10
I got 3 Hornets in 7 kills the other day, then went and got 2 Slaggas in like 8 kills. I was quite pleased.
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Drop rates boosted?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived