Best explosive weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Best explosive weapons?

User Info: DrDoom

DrDoom
3 years ago#1
TT. Been rocking a Hellborn Krieg and just recently hit TVHM. He's been melting faces, especially w/ the fireball skill... BUT I'm really getting annoyed at the random times I will die b/c I've killed everyone but I'm still on fire(even worse--enemy proc'd on me with their last shots).

I've been thinking about working my way up to his overkill skill in his mania tree to work in tandem w/ his DOT healing skill...but respec into explosives looks like a lot of fun too.

tl;dr: What's considered the 1st and second best explosive AR,SG,RL, and HG( I have 2 UH, but no DPUH)...and are there ANY explosive SMGs?
I'm flippin', I'm stackin', I'm flippin',I'm stackin',I'm flippin'...

User Info: submortimer

submortimer
3 years ago#2
AR: KerBlaster. Torgue got that mother f*ckin BOOM!

Shotgun: probably the Carnage. Cause it shoots rockets, and does a crapload of damage.

Handgun: doesn't get better than the DPUH. That's the cream of the crop. I got one if you need one :)

Sniper rifle: The Cobra is the only option here, but its a good one. That beast eats people alive.

Launcher: obviously the Norfleet, but the badaboom! Is a great option if you aren't doing crazy sham tricks.

And no, I don't think there are any explosive SMGs, unless you count tossing the baby maker. If so, that's the winner.

User Info: doughnutman

doughnutman
3 years ago#3
Assault Rifle: Ogre.

Shotgun: SWORDSPLOSION!!! The carnage is just bad... really bad compred to this.

Pistol: DPUH.

Fourth gun should be something elemental, if you're hellborn, hellfire for most areas, and anything with loaders i'd use a twin hornet. Or the fourth gun can be a slag gun like the Slagga, or Florentine. Or just use Magic Missile.
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker

DrDoom
3 years ago#4
Good,good this is what I wanted--two different answers. I'm gonna go after all of the guns both of you suggested. REALLY disappointed there is no exp SMG tho :/ Don't see why itnwould be worse than a spingun.

I've been tempted to take the DPUH before(even buying Tourge DLC despite the GotY looming), but I have found that the hunt for a weap has been the main reason I'm still playing. TY tho.

I did forget to ask: Is it thumper or nothing if I don't have the DLC? I have been shooting for a Neogen-whateverthe**** to help with the ignite dmg but I also have a 72 Firehawk for my hellborn.

User Info: illbzo1

illbzo1
3 years ago#5
submortimer posted...
Launcher: obviously the Norfleet, but the badaboom! Is a great option if you aren't doing crazy sham tricks.

Explosive Norfleet doesn't exist.
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, Minecraft FTB, Final Fantasy IV

User Info: doughnutman

doughnutman
3 years ago#6
Btw, the carnage is only good at longer range... and if you're krieg you probably won't be at long range very often. The swordsplosion easily outdamages the carnage, and when i did crit tests on the carnage, I learned not only is the damage output lower than the swordsplosion but it also won't be able to get your critical hits unless they fixed it.
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker

DrDoom
3 years ago#7
Didn't know that about the Norfleet or the Carnage. Still, I'll prob end up getting a Carn before the Swordsplo simply b/c I don't have the DLC yet.

Keep 'em coming, ppl--this has been very informative(and it's saved me a lot of farming.)

User Info: Jambi_Man

Jambi_Man
3 years ago#8
Ogre

Also, the KerBlaster & Swordsplosion are great.

Only Torgue makes explosive weapons, and Torgue doesn't make a SMG.

Of course there's also the crutch DPUH.
OH - IO
Go Bucks!

User Info: Jambi_Man

Jambi_Man
3 years ago#9
For point blank range, you can't beat a Ravager.
OH - IO
Go Bucks!

DrDoom
3 years ago#10
Hmmm...ok went to check the ravager out on the wiki and it looks fun. It's on the list.

Despite no exp SMGs... I really wish a digisruct boss dropped one.

I have a pretty nasy Rolling Thunder that I'm waiting to equip--but is there better?
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Best explosive weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived