Borderlands 3 should be all qte's..........

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Borderlands 3 should be all qte's..........

User Info: 8luedevil

8luedevil
3 years ago#11
Someone please enlighten an apparently ignorant gamer; what is a QTE?
Don't trust atoms, they make up everything.

User Info: Millkdudz

Millkdudz
3 years ago#12
TheBlueStig posted...
Don't even joke about wanting QTE's in a game, the developers can be lazy enough as it is, don't encourage them to get worse.

Meh, unlike a lot of people on this board I trust Randy and co with this franchise, they are 2 for 2 so far(please don't bring up acm, nobody cares). At worst I could see them having a side mission that is all qtes just to be funny. Something involvin clappy finally learning to go up a flight of stairs would be great. I take full credit if that happens, just sayin.

User Info: Millkdudz

Millkdudz
3 years ago#13
8luedevil posted...
Someone please enlighten an apparently ignorant gamer; what is a QTE?

Quick time event. Basically anytime a game has you pushing buttons that show up on the screen in a certain sequence. Newer resident evil games abuse this cheap mechanic, and apparently the saw games do as well, and there are many more.

User Info: 8luedevil

8luedevil
3 years ago#14
Thanks. I always hated those and now I have a name to point my hatred towards.

EDIT: I admit, I did like Parrapa the Rappa back in the day but I guess that is a bit different.
Don't trust atoms, they make up everything.

User Info: NinjaYuffie164

NinjaYuffie164
3 years ago#15
Yeah qtes are terrible. Especially when you accidentally break a controller during an over zealous "move the joystick back and forth really fast" qte. I swear, RE6 was at fault for that, not me.

User Info: Alden666I666

Alden666I666
3 years ago#16
Or when they get lazy at the end and the final boss is a two-three button qte A/B/Credits
Gamer Tag: Ryuu Kenta

User Info: 3CDED

3CDED
3 years ago#17
NinjaYuffie164 posted...
Yeah qtes are terrible. Especially when you accidentally break a controller during an over zealous "move the joystick back and forth really fast" qte. I swear, RE6 was at fault for that, not me.

does anyone remember the torture sequence in metal gear solid on PS1?

oh my god that was a B****. i did survive on my second playthorugh but F***! my hands hurt for a week afterwards!
Resident GFAQS Pegassi Test Driver
http://tinyurl.com/pn9ea8b http://tinyurl.com/q9qzk3u http://tinyurl.com/orcrlg5

User Info: boxjuice

boxjuice
3 years ago#18
Yeah, and GBX should release actual fps gameplay as a paid dlc
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Borderlands 3 should be all qte's..........

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived