Joined someone elses game, now my own game is really far progressed.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Joined someone elses game, now my own game is really far progressed.

User Info: pro9b17

pro9b17
3 years ago#1
I'm doing a playthru on UVHM, and I am still fairly early in the game. I joined the game of someone else who has progressed through most of the story, and now when I load my single player game, I have progressed that far and missed out on a good chunk of the storyline which I wanted to complete in single player.

Is there any way to fix this? I had just finished a quest at Bloodshot Stronghold, joined someone's game and then left, and now that I loaded my single player game, I have skipped a good 80% of the game' story, and now I have an active quest that the other person had active which is pretty far into the game. Another problem is that the person was a lower level than me, so all the quests are trivial difficulty.
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.

User Info: illbzo1

illbzo1
3 years ago#2
Reset your UVHM playthrough. You can do this from the main menu.
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Pokemon Y

User Info: pb331979

pb331979
3 years ago#3
What he^ said. As your not too far in to the playthrough, its your best option.

pro9b17
3 years ago#4
Did Gearbox intentionally add this to the game, or is it a glitch? If it's intentional, it doesn't make much sense TBH.

Also, what do I select to restart UVHM? Do I go to new game? And if I do, will it start the game over in UVHM with my character level and gear etc.?
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.

User Info: xliner

xliner
3 years ago#5
pro9b17 posted...
what do I select to restart UVHM? Do I go to new game? And if I do, will it start the game over in UVHM with my character level and gear etc.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oql7He3jisw

I know it's PS3, but it's essentially the same thing on X360
I like you more and more the lesser you breathe
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED

User Info: pb331979

pb331979
3 years ago#6
Yeah, when you select a character, hit Y to reset

pro9b17
3 years ago#7
Weird, I logged in earlier today and everything is back to normal. Back at the same part of the game I started off in before I joined my friend's game that caused my single player to skip ahead. So I am guessing this is a glitch? I loaded my game by selecting 'continue' several times and it was still skipped far ahead, so I figured this was permanent, but I decided to try something. I went to the character select screen, selected my character, then went to 'continue', and now everything has reverted back to normal. Odd, but I'm very happy that I didn't have to start over.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Joined someone elses game, now my own game is really far progressed.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived