Maya's Skill tree: I've done a lot of reading but could use some clarification

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Maya's Skill tree: I've done a lot of reading but could use some clarification

User Info: Urdnot_Runt

Urdnot_Runt
3 years ago#1
Here are some things I've picked up while searching the forums. Please tell me if these are more or less true or false or if a patch has changed anything.

T/F:

-Flicker's elemental chance is a percent of whatever percent chance your gun is. Even so, it's still the "best of the bad" skills to invest in to reach Ruin. (???)

-The damage from Helios, Blight phoenix and backdraft becomes negligent late game but backdraft and Blight Phoenix can stagger enemies with just a single point. (???)

-Cloud Kill has a stagger effect (???)

Also, does sub-sequence reset the duration of phaselock?

Is this good for a damage build with slight emphasis on healing?
http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#550501505054050100005511511511
GT: gethtones

User Info: Eternal K

Eternal K
3 years ago#2
-Flicker's elemental chance is exactly as you describe. 5/5 Flicker gives +30% chance, so if you have a weapon that is normally a 10% chance of setting someone on fire, investing in Flicker makes it 13%. For "best of the bad", it probably is, unless you have a COM that boosts something else.

-Second statement is correct. Blight Phoenix might be worth one point for the reason you describe, just make sure you watch out for barrels.

-Cloud Kill is completely worthless and not worth speccing into at any time.

-Sub-Sequence does NOT reset the duration of Phaselock.

-For the build, if you're running Subsequence, you'll want Suspension. If you're running Suspension, you may consider investing points into Elated. Also, make Flicker 3/5, take points out of Helios, Backdraft, and Cloud Kill, and max out Immolate.
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion

User Info: Urdnot_Runt

Urdnot_Runt
3 years ago#3
FUUUUUUUUU-

I think I'll forget about subsequence all together then.
GT: gethtones

User Info: LeonKennedy28

LeonKennedy28
3 years ago#4
Take the 5 points from Sub-sequence and put into Quicken, no need to go any further down that tree.
GT....Clemson1Tigers......Pawn - Claire/Strider Lvl 50

User Info: AlleRacing

AlleRacing
3 years ago#5
Urdnot_Runt posted...
FUUUUUUUUU-

I think I'll forget about subsequence all together then.

It's really good with Ruin and Convergence.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Maya's Skill tree: I've done a lot of reading but could use some clarification

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived