i got this game for free when it was one of the free games with gold

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. i got this game for free when it was one of the free games with gold

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
2 months ago#1
but i haven't played it until a few days ago. i decided to check it out because someone said it is better than destiny 2. i don't see how it is better than destiny 2, though. most of the weapons that drop are straight booty. it also takes a long time to level. the game seems unorganized. just messy.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

magemaximus
2 months ago#2
what's up with people taking my loot when I play online. makes me want to play solo because enemies be dropping good stuff but they get ninja'd.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: WarsteelIX

WarsteelIX
2 months ago#3
Then play solo. While up to 4 can play it's not required. Also, loot ninjas are a-holes- if you're the host and they start that crap kick them from your game. Destiny and Destiny 2 only share one thing in common with BL2- they're all games (and not even the same kind really). Destiny 1 & 2 were meant to be co-op while in BL2 it is entirely possible to reach the highest levels as a solo player- just stating the obvious here. As far as sloppy, how so? Skill tree lay out? Mission quests? Enemy spawns and behaviors? No real idea of what the story is about? Not every game is for every body of course but try to enjoy it for what it is and if you don't like it hey- it was free. Just uninstall and enjoy something else. :)
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...

magemaximus
2 months ago#4
the goofy looking characters and environment make it seem like an unorganized game. i'm level 20 with one char. gonna get 20 with the others now. the game got better as i got higher at least.

WarsteelIX
2 months ago#5
It's the cel shaded animation style that gives them their looks- if you want there are articles on how Gearbox changed the original concept art and style of the game (originally it was going to look more realistic). Also, the environments are a deliberate change from the original Borderlands, which a lot of fans felt had too much of an overall brown, tan and sepia tone to it. It kind of sucks that you don't unlock your action skill until level 5 but once you start to gain levels it makes a world of difference in how enjoyable the game can be. Nice to see you're willing to give the other characters a try, BTW, who did you start with?

magemaximus
2 months ago#6
salvador. got him to 20. doing axton now because i heard he is one of the best to solo with.

magemaximus
2 months ago#7
this is a good game actually. i can see why it was rated so high.

WarsteelIX
2 months ago#8
Nice to see it growing on you. Still with Axton or did you switch to someone else already?

magemaximus
2 months ago#9
i'm just going to focus on getting salvador to 72. takes a lot of time to level.

magemaximus
2 months ago#10
so the max level used to be 50? is 50 to 72 faster than 1 to 50?
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. i got this game for free when it was one of the free games with gold

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived