i got this game for free when it was one of the free games with gold

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. i got this game for free when it was one of the free games with gold

User Info: WarsteelIX

WarsteelIX
2 months ago#11
Not really- enemies are tougher and now have a degree of damage reduction, slag is just about mandatory for use against badass and higher level foes and weapons lose their usefulness faster. It's a good idea to try to save missions with quest rewards you want until you reach level 72 so you can get them at max level (quest and mission rewards are locked to the level you accept them in UVHM, not the level you are when you turn them in).
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
2 months ago#12
well i don't have the dlc so i won't have to worry about all of that. just gonna get siren and maybe assassin to 50 then call it quits. not feeling axton.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: Dindu-Nuffin

Dindu-Nuffin
1 month ago#13
Stick with it, bro. It gets better once you get into the higher levels. Lots of great guns and gear out there. Most of the good ones typically require a more involved process to obtain, such as completion of specific quests or farming certain bosses.

Much like you, I really didn't like the Axton playstyle, and I still don't. May give him another shot later. But I really enjoyed my Gunzerker, Siren, and Assassin playthroughs. My favorite character thus far has been my Siren. Great all around character.

There's also lots of helpful build videos out there. My personal favorite is from TrendKiLLv01. He gives great all-around info for building a successful Maya throughout the game.

Here's a link to his Siren build video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE_BpWx4E9Y

Currently leveling my Assassin. Got him to level 51 so far. It's a bit more of learning curve than the other two classes I've played, but still really fun. And still very effective when played to the class' strengths.

magemaximus
1 month ago#14
yeah the game is good. i pretty much owned it. i have two level 50s, siren and salvador. i don't feel like leveling up the other classes because i hate having to do side quests to get a high enough level to progress through the story. i've beaten the game 4 times, so i am just tired of doing the same quests over and over again. waiting for bl3.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

WarsteelIX
1 month ago#15
magemaximus posted...
yeah the game is good. i pretty much owned it. i have two level 50s, siren and salvador. i don't feel like leveling up the other classes because i hate having to do side quests to get a high enough level to progress through the story. i've beaten the game 4 times, so i am just tired of doing the same quests over and over again. waiting for bl3.

Do you have any of the 4 main dlc or 4 Headhunter packs? A great way to stave off boredom and net some of the more in demand gear in the game...

magemaximus
1 month ago#16
no other dlc

User Info: Anarki471

Anarki471
1 month ago#17
magemaximus posted...
no other dlc

Do yourself a favour and pick up a second hand copy of the Game of The Year version, you should be able to find one cheap

Trust me the additional content is more than worth the price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
I swear that link is not a rickroll

WarsteelIX
1 month ago#18
If you're playing this on the 360 get the Borderlands Triple Pack- BL1, BL2 and BL:TPS with all dlc included I believe. Any major discount chain or gaming store (like Walmart or Gamestop) might have it in stock...

User Info: iLLogiK

iLLogiK
1 month ago#19
Anarki471 posted...
magemaximus posted...
no other dlc

Do yourself a favour and pick up a second hand copy of the Game of The Year version, you should be able to find one cheap

Trust me the additional content is more than worth the price

What he said. Got the Game of the year Edition and it's like +100% content. Got it from someone on the Facebook Marketplace for $5. Worth it.
"...some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass-production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -Duke
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. i got this game for free when it was one of the free games with gold

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived