i've seen vids with people that have a lot of hp and shield cap

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. i've seen vids with people that have a lot of hp and shield cap

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
3 weeks ago#1
and level 8 guns that do crazy damage. like the pistol that has infinite bullets, you need to be level 8 to use, and on my level 10 guy, it only does 53 damage. i've seen a vid where it does damage in the thousands to someone who is max level.

my question is, do these people have high ass shields and hp because of their level? or is it hax? weapon damage too.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: Anarki471

Anarki471
3 weeks ago#2
Higher level gear (and higher rarity) will have higher damage obviously

The high HP and shields will be from a combination of both high levels, rarer high level gear and Badass Ranks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
I swear that link is not a rickroll

magemaximus
3 weeks ago#3
Beat the game last night at 27. I can see how the weapons are so high in damage at higher levels. The gap between level 27 gear and 30 is huge. The warrior dropped level 30 stuff. So did jack.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: Eternal K

Eternal K
3 weeks ago#4
magemaximus posted...
and level 8 guns that do crazy damage. like the pistol that has infinite bullets, you need to be level 8 to use, and on my level 10 guy, it only does 53 damage. i've seen a vid where it does damage in the thousands to someone who is max level.

What you probably saw was an Infinity that required Overpower Level 8, which is actually the same as a level 80 weapon. That would explain the discrepancy in damage that you're describing.
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#5
Yeah, that definitely sounds like you mistook OP8 for Level 8. At that point you're throwing out millions of points of damage per second.

The scaling definitely ramps up past level 30. The same goes for UVHM levels at around 50, though the first few levels are relatively forgiving as you make your way into the start of UVHM.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

magemaximus
3 weeks ago#6
yeah most likely. i noticed the damage in weapons increase a lot per level now that i am level 36. i'm going tvhm right now. what's the max level in this mode? wondering if i can do the whole thing with my dual hard unkempt harolds. both are double penetrating. but they are level 31/33 guns.

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#7
magemaximus posted...
what's the max level in this mode?

Do NOT go past 50 if you can help it. You'll have a hell of a time at the start of UVHM if you're level 55-60 and still using level 50 gear. You might be left reloading your save game multiple times until something decent appears in the vendor at Liar's Berg.

magemaximus
3 weeks ago#8
damn. thanks for the heads up.

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#9
magemaximus posted...
damn. thanks for the heads up.

NP. On the flipside Gearbox has learned from this. In The Pre-Sequel all vendors across all playthroughs level up with the player. The Items of the Day are also all Blue or better by default, resulting in money actually mattering in that game.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. i've seen vids with people that have a lot of hp and shield cap

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived