There are still some things in this game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. There are still some things in this game...

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
1 month ago#1
that other shooting games could do?

-being able to aim and see what ammo type is still on the ground far away
-the ability for a gun to be able to be used as a explosion
-to be able to have a bayonet on your weapon for melee (yeah master chief can get a plasma sword but can't stick a knife on his magnum so he can keep shooting after stabbing a grunt?)
-reloading is better borderlands style. I've played other shooting games where a hand gun taking longer to load than a shotgun? cmon son

just some small QOL things
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: Anarki471

Anarki471
1 month ago#2
Other shooting games could also learn from this game
-Single player campaign that doesn't seen like it was tacked on as an afterthought
-Humour
-A villain that you swear you are going to enjoy killing while at the same time the villain makes you laugh so much you fall over clutching you sides
-The ending of the game actually being in the f***ing game and not sliced out to sell to the player later down the line
-A fairly friendly and easy going playerbase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
I swear that link is not a rickroll

User Info: Pixel_Face

Pixel_Face
4 weeks ago#3
Heaps of different playstyles, between different characters and even within the same character. Replayability.

Seriously, my old housemates and I got this shortly after launch and used to 4-player couch coop for hours every weekend and a bit most nights, I'd say I'd easily have at least 2000 hours solid playtime over its lifetime. Probably more if we include the pre sequel (though we didnt play that nearly as much)

My current gf and I are replaying it - and I'm still finding new ways to play characters that keep the game fresh.

User Info: nfordgmfaqs

nfordgmfaqs
2 weeks ago#4
I got this when it first came out and liked it, but moved on. Then a year or so ago played it again and really got into a lot of things I never did before, the most significant of which is using Claptrap's Secret Stash to pass gear from previous games to the current character. This led me into farming for legendaries and doing all the area challenges, neither of which I paid much attention to before. (See www.cardsharkgames.info/bl2)

I never realized until recently that almost every named enemy, starting with Knuckle Dragger, can drop legendaries and farming for them isn't that hard, and getting each one as you come to it makes getting the next one easier/possible. For example, farming Midge-Mong for the KerBlaster at level 4 or 5 is much easier with the Hornet pistol that you get from farming Knuckle Dragger.

I'm glad to see that other people are still playing BL2. I've been thinking about doing a series of walkthrough videos which include all side missions and area challenges and legendary farming. As far as I know, this has never been done for BL2. I've already got it in print on my web site, and I think doing the vids would be fun, but I didn't know if anyone still plays BL2.

User Info: WarsteelIX

WarsteelIX
2 weeks ago#5
nfordgmfaqs posted...
I got this when it first came out and liked it, but moved on. Then a year or so ago played it again and really got into a lot of things I never did before, the most significant of which is using Claptrap's Secret Stash to pass gear from previous games to the current character. This led me into farming for legendaries and doing all the area challenges, neither of which I paid much attention to before. (See www.cardsharkgames.info/bl2)

I never realized until recently that almost every named enemy, starting with Knuckle Dragger, can drop legendaries and farming for them isn't that hard, and getting each one as you come to it makes getting the next one easier/possible. For example, farming Midge-Mong for the KerBlaster at level 4 or 5 is much easier with the Hornet pistol that you get from farming Knuckle Dragger.

I'm glad to see that other people are still playing BL2. I've been thinking about doing a series of walkthrough videos which include all side missions and area challenges and legendary farming. As far as I know, this has never been done for BL2. I've already got it in print on my web site, and I think doing the vids would be fun, but I didn't know if anyone still plays BL2.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/c/borderlands-2
The folks at this site still play it- as do I, although not as much as before...
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. There are still some things in this game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived