Recommended partner for playing with newbie?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Recommended partner for playing with newbie?

User Info: Darksteel

Darksteel
4 weeks ago#1
Cliffs: Who's good for carrying a bad Gauge?

My girlfriend just had her ankle operated on and shes bored as hell since she has to keep weight off it for 2 weeks. Was looking over my old games and she saw this, wanted to give it a shot. I know Gauge is good for newer players so she's going to be playing as her, as her aiming in FPS type games is pretty bad. Who could I pick that would go well with her?

I remember Maya was a good team player since she could heal but I'd also really like to try Axton. Haven't touched this game in years so I'm unsure as to how well he is at assisting/carrying teammates. Or would Salv/Psycho be better if I can tank for her?
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe

User Info: BayouJoe

BayouJoe
4 weeks ago#2
Axton is a good choice, his turret is provides a temporary shield and is extremely deadly and efficient when it's maxxed out
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

User Info: Jambi_Man

Jambi_Man
4 weeks ago#3
Maya with Restoration and Res.

You can shoot her to keep her alive, and insta-revive her when that's not enough.

Aside from that, regular phaselock can keep the two of you on your feet in certain situations against tougher dudes. (Bad Maw, Mad Mike, Goliaths, BA psychos, etc....)
Spiral out...

User Info: Anarki471

Anarki471
4 weeks ago#4
Maya is a great partner for anybody but especially good for any n00b for all the reasons Jambi_Man mentioned.

Maya can heal herself and her partners
She has the Res skill which allows her to instantly revive a downed player from long range, Res is IMO possibly the best skill to have in multiplayer, especially for Raid Bosses where she can keep the party on their feet, also (when Spec'd right) Maya can put out a whole lot of damage at the same time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
I swear that link is not a rickroll

User Info: Pixel_Face

Pixel_Face
4 weeks ago#5
Axton might be a bad choice to be if she's a newbie. His turret is awesome - which means if she's not great at aiming in the first place it can end up being a killstealing a-hole and might be super discouraging for her. It definitely was for my gf when she started playing! We've been replaying it for the last few months actually - wierdly enough I'm now playing Gaige and she's playing Axton - she now totally 'gets' why I love that turret so much, and now I get how annoying it can be for other players haha (at least in the early levels, pre-TVHM)

Like you and others have said, Maya is probably the best, because heals + locking enemies in place = more chance for her to contribute. If you've already played a Maya and want something different, Salvador might be a good alternative - he's got that ability that aggro's all enemies and makes them go after him, which you could use to keep the heat off your girlfriend and increase her survivability?
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Recommended partner for playing with newbie?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived