How is the frame rate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. How is the frame rate?

User Info: MestreRothGF

MestreRothGF
5 years ago#1
Is it stable? Solid 30 fps?

User Info: _AverageGamer

_AverageGamer
5 years ago#2
I haven't really seen the PS3 in motion, but the 360 seemed to have a stable framerate from what little I played.

The PC can run at 60FPS and has some amazing particle effects using NVIDIA PhysX. It's resource consuming, but damn does it look nice.
Dictated but not read,
_AverageGamer

User Info: FelixZA

FelixZA
5 years ago#3
Only time I noted choppy frame rate was in the opening movie. Been running smooth and I am half way through the game.
Friend me if you would like.
XBL:Felix N Phoenix PSN:FelixFelice Wii:Felix/3652-0173-5553

User Info: MestreRothGF

MestreRothGF
5 years ago#4
If it is like the 360's performance, I'll but it for PS3.
I have an i7, GT650, but my first choice is always the PS3. Thanks.

If anyone played the game, please let us know if this is another horrible port in a sea of bad ports.

(edit: thanks for the feedback, Felix)

User Info: snax007

snax007
5 years ago#5
Judged by PS3 gameplay moves, the PS3 version is improved a lot since the first game. Smoother frame rate and no (or extremely little) tearing.

User Info: Stankymoo

Stankymoo
5 years ago#6
The only time BL1 had frame rate issues was when particle effects filled the screen. I'm definitely going to pick up BL2 for PS3 if that's improved.
HighOnPhazon on Diablo 3: "The future of video games guys, pay to buy it, play on developers terms, then pay to win!"

User Info: RoddyAnumber1

RoddyAnumber1
5 years ago#7
FelixZA posted...
Only time I noted choppy frame rate was in the opening movie. Been running smooth and I am half way through the game.
Flibbith, Obii wants his FKC
14th prestige lvl 34

User Info: awutow15

awutow15
5 years ago#8
I've had some frame rate issues (PS3) whenever a lot was going on on the screen at once.
http://tinyurl.com/8pmxago - Leon Kennedy haircut (not me)

User Info: Phykos

Phykos
5 years ago#9
Singleplayer mostly fine, occassinal drop in absolute chaos. Co-op is rough though and why people are pretending like they don't notice is beyond me. It's quite obvious, and either people are blind or oblivious to it. Online I get terrible framerae in a full 4 man game. Splitscreen not too bad, but drops are a bit more prevelant.

Needs patch to smooth it out, don't let anyone tell you different, because if people keep acting oblivous it will never get fixed. This is a modern game on a modern console. Issues like this shouldn't exist and should be complained about. The entire point of owning a console is to have a stable gaming platform.

Game is amazing and SP and splitscreen are fun (though have occasional FPS issues) but 4 player co-op is damn near unplayable due to FPS issues.
"He is useless atop the ground. He ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages."-Mark Twain

User Info: Phykos

Phykos
5 years ago#10
bump, needs to be addressed
"He is useless atop the ground. He ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages."-Mark Twain
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. How is the frame rate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived