Red flavor text weapons

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Red flavor text weapons

User Info: soulegion08

soulegion08
5 years ago#1
Can anyone give me insight on what they do specifically?

I have a sniper that says "I can see my house from here"
it does 100% critical damage so i love using it to clear areas of trash mobs before i take out the big ones

I also thought it mean it has extremely long range which it does. the scope is amazing but the sway on it gets abit annoying at times.

my friend also has a pistol that says "I am free now" Im not sure what his pertains to. anyone have any idea?
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*

User Info: Seferaga

Seferaga
5 years ago#2
I found a sniper with that, and I'm pretty sure it just increases the zoom on the scope.
Don't get so caught in your ways that you can't change..

User Info: Egocentrism

Egocentrism
5 years ago#3
I think they are just flavor text. Some point out the guns strong suits and others are just comedic.

User Info: soulegion08

soulegion08
5 years ago#4
Egocentrism posted...
I think they are just flavor text. Some point out the guns strong suits and others are just comedic.

hmm thats a tad disheartening, I really wanna know what the "I'm free now" means.
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*

User Info: MHettenbach

MHettenbach
5 years ago#5
in the first game that text meant the Zoom range was extended as I recall. I assume its something that they carried over from the first game.

the only one I remember specifically was the Flame one "Pele Demands a Sacrifice" it increased the chance of stuff being set on Fire to damn near every hit did it.

User Info: SpyDRfreeK

SpyDRfreeK
5 years ago#6
Its on all orange guns, or at least in BL1 it was. I think it means the weapon has a unique/special ability?
i like pie.
number of other users that like pie: 60.

User Info: howlmoon

howlmoon
5 years ago#7
The shotgun with "Kikis got a shotgun" supposedly acts like a tediore but instead of being a grenade it flies around shooting what's left at people.

If it does, I have it but have yet to try it, I will be having some serious fun with it.

BTW it probably is a nod to kikis delivery service. As it flies around 'delivering' the rest of its clip.

User Info: Valedrel

Valedrel
5 years ago#8
I have a pistol that has 98X1 damage. It is really weird because...every other gun doesn't have a X1. The red says something like "would i lie?" and the white text says it does +3000% damage. I was like whaaaaaaat.

The gun shoots 8 projectiles or so instead of the 1(so i guess thats what it lied about) the gun itself does over 3k damage(if all the round hit) but the rounds are slower than an injured midget.

User Info: Cletus5258

Cletus5258
5 years ago#9
I think "I'm free now" causes ammo to sometimes not be used when you pull the trigger.

I loved this one, but put it in storage cause my backpack is so small :(
I've been reborn as "Cletus_The_Hick"
Whenever I use the bathroom, I'm going to yell "COME FORTH, PUPU!!!"--EternalGuardian07

User Info: CocoDollface

CocoDollface
5 years ago#10
If BL1 is any indication, all guns with red text are going to have some special quality that isn't apparent in the tooltip.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Red flavor text weapons

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived