**** GAMESTOP Caps

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. **** GAMESTOP Caps

User Info: gna647

gna647
5 years ago#11
you should've asked if the gaige character was in the DLC pack

anyways i'm a gamestop employee as well, somewhat their fault since we're supposed to memorize collection and DLC packs and all that stuff.
http://i.imgur.com/dZnyH.png http://i.imgur.com/e9OCH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RnA9A.gif http://i.imgur.com/LvJeR.png

User Info: blackart1111

blackart1111
5 years ago#12
BurgerTime79 posted...
1. It's likely that the employee didn't realize that she wasn't included in the pass. This can happen. That's an individual employee situation, not Gamestop itself, so swearing at the company is the wrong route to take.

2. You weren't "conned". Again, he likely didn't realize she wasn't in the pass. You knew and forgot, so it's partially your fault.

3. If you didn't want $10 extra on your account, then you could have used a credit or debit card to buy the DLC.

4. Why the **** aren't you going back to the store to make a complaint instead of coming to us about it?

You sir also have a point.There is fault on both ends though since the clerk should know his product.Also if you try to return or get your money back they will try at least three times to get you to buy something else if not lower the cash value of what you just paid for.Also...if you used the code for the pass already you are kinda boned.
Psn = Blackart27
I like to keep it simple. :)

User Info: Keyeszx

Keyeszx
5 years ago#13
BurgerTime79 posted...
1. It's likely that the employee didn't realize that she wasn't included in the pass. This can happen. That's an individual employee situation, not Gamestop itself, so swearing at the company is the wrong route to take.

2. You weren't "conned". Again, he likely didn't realize she wasn't in the pass. You knew and forgot, so it's partially your fault.

3. If you didn't want $10 extra on your account, then you could have used a credit or debit card to buy the DLC.

4. Why the **** aren't you going back to the store to make a complaint instead of coming to us about it?

What would complaining at the store do? Just make me look like an ass. I don't care what random anons on the internet think of me. Better to vent my rage at gamestop hiring idiots here than in public. I don't have the extra money to be using my credic/debit card. I had to borrow some from my bro.
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2

User Info: Fusionnojutsu

Fusionnojutsu
5 years ago#14
blackart1111 posted...
Keyeszx posted...
So I go to gamestop to buy a psn card then they conned me into buying the ****ing season pass. I asked if they sold $15 PSN cards because I didn't want to have $10 extra on my account. They told me "no but what are you trying to buy" I told them the new character dlc for Borderlands 2. They're like "Oh buy the season pass that gets you 4 dlc for the price of 3." I forgot and was too excited to realize season pass didn't get gaige. Now I'm broke and can't even afford to buy her when that's what I ****ing went there to get was a PSN card so I could buy her. I'm ****ing pissed.

This is why i dont shop at gameslop.They usually do not know what they are talking about.The only information they get is from corporate info packets,and the way they are trained is to wring as much money out of you as possible.

They were just trying to get an add on sale. TC admitted he assumed the character was in the pack, not that they told him it was. Any retail place is going to do that. As long as you know what you want, it's no one's fault but your own if you get caught up in their sales pitches.
"They must find it difficult....those who have taken Authority as Truth, rather than Truth as Authority."
PSN - jediahx XBL - ultimatefactorx

User Info: Keyeszx

Keyeszx
5 years ago#15
I actually just pissed because it's so stupid. They need to stop trying to make their DLC sound fancy and just give it a straight name. Season and premiere. People don't make a big distinguish between these two. I told them I wanted to character they should have sold me the premiere dlc not the season. Games in general with their random naming fashion of their dlc. It's quite stupid. If they just called it Gaige pack or campaign pack then that would have made more sense and things like this wouldn't happen.
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2

User Info: Kenji1138

Kenji1138
5 years ago#16
blackart1111 posted...
Keyeszx posted...
So I go to gamestop to buy a psn card then they conned me into buying the ****ing season pass. I asked if they sold $15 PSN cards because I didn't want to have $10 extra on my account. They told me "no but what are you trying to buy" I told them the new character dlc for Borderlands 2. They're like "Oh buy the season pass that gets you 4 dlc for the price of 3." I forgot and was too excited to realize season pass didn't get gaige. Now I'm broke and can't even afford to buy her when that's what I ****ing went there to get was a PSN card so I could buy her. I'm ****ing pissed.

This is why i dont shop at gameslop.They usually do not know what they are talking about.The only information they get is from corporate info packets,and the way they are trained is to wring as much money out of you as possible.

Completely wrong. Some of the most informed people I know work at GameStop and they are the one that told me about how the seasons pass only works for the 4 campaign DLC. It sounds like he was trying to tell you about the season pass deal and you got excited and just forgot what you were doing.

And if it was the employee, it's not gamestops fault, it is that guys fault. As for GameStop employees not knowing what they are talking about, again, not gamestops fault. If they can't get knowledgable people to work there, they get people who are good at selling. If they don't know much about game, it's probably because that gamestops located in an area where people don't know much about games. That's my experience.

User Info: BurgerTime79

BurgerTime79
5 years ago#17
Keyeszx posted...
What would complaining at the store do? Just make me look like an ass. I don't care what random anons on the internet think of me. Better to vent my rage at gamestop hiring idiots here than in public. I don't have the extra money to be using my credic/debit card. I had to borrow some from my bro.

Complaining at the store shows that the employee screwed up, and his manager knowing he screwed out could result in something actually being done. All that raging on here does is add to the constant made up BS about Gamestop and feed into the hate bandwagon for them. You did it right in your topic title. Swearing directly at the company, when instead this is an employee issue. He isn't Gamestop. Corporate and the rules are Gamestop.
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking

User Info: HughJorgenn

HughJorgenn
5 years ago#18
Holy your own damn fault.

User Info: William406

William406
5 years ago#19
I sold my iPhone 4 at GameStop yesterday and got $150 credit for it, $10 more than amazon and other places I looked in to. As long as you're an informed consumer, GameStop is a fine place to shop. Personally I don't buy dlc from them, it's just as easy buying in psn store & you have to do basically the same steps.

User Info: gabberknight

gabberknight
5 years ago#20
THANK YOU TC!!!

i was about to buy the season pass assuming this was included... if its not and if its too friggen expensive (and doesn't include something story related like extra echos [at the very least] )then i'm not gonna bother at all.

i was seriously just about to dish out another 30 bucks for the season pass, but if ALL of the new dlc isn't included, then why bother?

seriously as others have posted here and in other topics... its really a huge oversite or just an over expectation of gearbox to assume fans will buy both DLC and character packs.

if i pay 60 bucks for a game i expect to be well entertained. when i go above that, i expect to get every thing that company can give me. game publishers have to understand that the money they are earning (now-a-days) isn't coming from baby boomers trying to keep their kids busy, but from actual gamers that expect to get 90 bucks worth of product.

gearbox just lost an extra 30 beans...

just like BL 1 i'll wait till its cheaper or free rather than paying 30 bucks for a part of a product
PSN: pudelicious
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. **** GAMESTOP Caps

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived