'Medical Mystery' mission -- Keep E-Tech gun?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. 'Medical Mystery' mission -- Keep E-Tech gun?

User Info: thedvs02

thedvs02
5 years ago#1
** Very minor spoilers **

The mission where Dr. Zed tasks you to kill Dr. Mercy in Three Horns Valley.

Are you supposed to be able to keep the E-Tech gun that you receive during the mission? I collected it, killed the 25 bandits, and was able to keep the gun.

Before turning in to complete the mission, I started on the 'Symbiosis' mission, all the while still using the E-Tech combat rifle. Then my PC crashed -- something that's been happening a lot with BL2 - talking hard freezes and/or BSODs - and I haven't been able to rule out whether it's software, hardware, or third party gamepad related (I use MotionInJoy software with a PS3 controller to emulate an X360 controller).

I restarted the game and upon returning the E-Tech rifle was no longer equipped or in my inventory.

Am I supposed to be able to keep this weapon, or is it the fault of the computer crash that it's no longer available?

User Info: the_rowan

the_rowan
5 years ago#2
I don't know what's intended, but I lost mine and instead got another (presumably random) E-Tech gun when I turned in the mission. Actually, I might have lost the quest gun before that... I wasn't paying attention because the gun was way too ammo-hungry.
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia

User Info: OmniNakago

OmniNakago
5 years ago#3
It has a star next to it, so it should have disappeared from your inventory after completing the quest. Mine did.
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen

User Info: thedvs02

thedvs02
5 years ago#4
Yeah, I got an E-Tech as a mission reward as well, but it was a pistol.

The assault rifle that was mission specific was pretty badass, though -- too bad it was only temporary. Good to know that it was indeed mission specific though, and that I didn't lose it to a glitch.

Side-note: May have possibly fixed my stability issues by downgrading my gamepad software (MotionInJoy) to a earlier version. Only time will tell, though. I thought at first the issue was my CPU overclock, but even after reverting to stock speeds I still encountered problems.

Most troubling is that a brand new PS3 controller that I just bought was causing crashes very quickly, but an older PS3 controller is far more stable. So many variables when troubleshooting... having just returned to PC gaming it's been a while since I've had to worry about any of this stuff.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. 'Medical Mystery' mission -- Keep E-Tech gun?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived