Pre-Purchasing from Gamestop

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. Pre-Purchasing from Gamestop

User Info: PanicLime137

PanicLime137
4 years ago#1
Currently, Gamestop has a pre-purchase available for CS:GO for the same price as in the Steam store. I have some store credit that would be easily spent on that.

My question is; Will I still get Beta access come the 14th if I pre-purchase from Gamestop rather than Steam?
GT: The Panic Lime. Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, LoL, Dota 2, Skyrim LoL IGN: Virusistic

User Info: Assassin144

Assassin144
4 years ago#2
No idea, but why not just use the credit to buy a steam card? Then you'll be taking no chance to not get into the beta.

User Info: PanicLime137

PanicLime137
4 years ago#3
Well this is from Gamestop's PC downloads store. From what I gather, it gives me a code that activates on Steam due to its saying that the Steam App is required to install and play.
GT: The Panic Lime. Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, LoL, Dota 2, Skyrim LoL IGN: Virusistic

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
4 years ago#4
PanicLime137 posted...
Well this is from Gamestop's PC downloads store. From what I gather, it gives me a code that activates on Steam due to its saying that the Steam App is required to install and play.

I'd go through Steam. Buy a card.
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: HShadow

HShadow
4 years ago#5
Beta access is for preorders from the Steam store only.

User Info: theballer_04

theballer_04
4 years ago#6
PanicLime137 posted...
Currently, Gamestop has a pre-purchase available for CS:GO for the same price as in the Steam store. I have some store credit that would be easily spent on that.

My question is; Will I still get Beta access come the 14th if I pre-purchase from Gamestop rather than Steam?

I wouldn't even support Gamestop if I were you. But that's my opinion.

User Info: OmegaReaper21

OmegaReaper21
4 years ago#7
HShadow posted...
Beta access is for preorders from the Steam store only.

Hold on, I have beta access? I did not know this.

User Info: PK Man

PK Man
4 years ago#8
lol gamestop.

Just buy it on Steam
{o_X}Q=(-_-Q)
http://www.twitch.tv/ilikeredheads
  1. Boards
  2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. Pre-Purchasing from Gamestop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived